Gall bladder! Oowie!

Hislady
on 1/12/11 4:03 am - Vancouver, WA
Oh wise bandsters help me out here and I do already have a doc appt. tomorrow AM. I've been feeling run down and exhausted just realized I have pain under my right rib cage and between shoulder blades after eating most anything. Thought I was gonna die last night, almost had DH run me to the ER but it got better. Dairy especially does me in, I do believe it's my GB what think you all? Is my diagnosis right?
Nic M
on 1/12/11 4:09 am
Poor you. I remember that too well. NO FUN.
Sounds like your gall bladder is giving you problems, I agree.
I was SO relieved when I had mine out! That pain is rotten!  I was pregnant when my gall bladder started acting up, so I had to wait until after I gave birth... 8 long months... bleah. It stunk.

Hope you get fixed up and feel better soon.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

psychomom
on 1/12/11 5:28 am - China Grove, NC
Sounds like it ! Ughhhh....I still remember that pain and I had mine out 12 yrs ago !!!!  YIKES.... I hope you feel better soon=)

MARIA F.
on 1/12/11 10:03 am - Athens, GA

Gall bladder can be EXTREMELY painfull! :-( Try to do very bland foods till u can get it taken out. Very low fat. I  had mine removed about 7 yrs. ago.

Hope u feel better soon!!!!!!!!!!!

FormerlyFluffy.com

Hislady
on 1/12/11 10:28 am - Vancouver, WA
Thanks guys, you were supposed to tell me I was crazy!Yep I'm pretty sure that's it, I just hope they don't fart around getting it out. Altho since I take coumadin I'll probably will have to do a week of lovonox before they will operate on me. Did it make you real tired and run down too? Looks like lots of soup for me, guess that'll help my weight loss tho huh?
Nic M
on 1/12/11 10:53 am
I had mine out over 20 years ago and it was the big ole "band saw" cut ya in half type of surgery. If they can do yours (if it IS your gall bladder, of course) laparoscopically, you'll be soooo much better off. I don't think they do the gall bladder surgery open anymore unless they really, really HAVE to, do they?

What caused the most pain for me was when the stones got stuck in my bile ducts. Even stupid water would cause the pain towards the end. I hope you can get yours out sooner rather than later!

I can't answer as to whether it made me more tired... I was pregnant, so I wasn't "normal!" 

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Hislady
on 1/12/11 11:54 am - Vancouver, WA
Thanks for your quick replies! What is odd is that I just had a c-scan 2 months ago because of elevated liver enzymes at an oncology check up and it showed just a tiny stone and alittle sludge in my GB and the doc said it looked fine, now here I am dying, OK maybe that's abit dramatic, but not real comfortable tho.
(deactivated member)
on 1/12/11 10:57 pm
Sorry you are in pain. If it looks like they are taking too long to diagnose, I think you could request an ultra sound of your gall bladder to see what's going on with it -- at least you would know for sure (if this is the right test I'm thinking of).

We've had several people at work that have had theirs out and they are all back to work in 2 weeks.

Take care,

Trixie
Most Active