Surgeon was fishing inside me?

OCMomma
on 1/12/11 10:11 am
My incisions are healing and today I noticed on my large one where the port is there is a piece of what looks like clear fishing line sticking out of it.   LOL.  I assume this is the stitching they used to attach the port.?  I go back on the 2nd of Feb for a fill.  Just thought that was strange , anyone else have this and ideas on what it is? 

Failed Lapband December 2010,Revision to RNY 2015.

Bette B.
on 1/12/11 10:14 am
 It certainly sounds like a stitch. Call them and ask if they want to do anything about it.

However, if you pull on it and a rainbow trout comes out, DINNER'S READY! 

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

OCMomma
on 1/12/11 10:20 am
I will wait and see if I feel a bite before I pull on it.  Thanks Bette.  LOL

Failed Lapband December 2010,Revision to RNY 2015.

Bette B.
on 1/12/11 2:08 pm
 If it IS a trout, I like mine butterflied and almondine, with a lot of butter and dill. Thanks. 

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

EBL8181
on 1/12/11 10:19 am - Boston, MA
I had the exact same thing. It's the stitching from the incision, the port is too deep to see the stitching from that (and should be 100% internal!). Mine finally went away when the last piece of scab finally fell away. It took a while though, I wouldn't worry about it. :-)
~ Liz ~ 30 y/o ~ 5'10

starting (10/4/10): 280
pre-op (10/18/10): 268.5
current (1/4/12): 257.0

Judy825
on 1/12/11 11:12 am - Jacksonville, FL
I have a bit of a stich coming out of one of my incisions.  When I spoke with the Doctors office, they said it should fall out or dissolve on its own.  If it starts to snag on my clothing or bothing me, I just need to call them back.  However, I see them next Tuesday for my 2nd fill and they will look at it then.

Love the joke about fishing. 
        Seminar weight: 344. Consult Weight: 332.  Surgery Weight: 289   
Check out my blog at www.ldslapband.blogspot.com

"Low Carb diet for me...not a diet anymore but a lifestyle"

(deactivated member)
on 1/12/11 11:50 am - Des Moines, IA
It's just an internal stitch that dissolves, but they occasionally will work their  way out.  Don't pull on it, ( I just cut the part that was sticking out.)  I'm a RN.  It's not the suture for your port, but just the incision itself.  Not uncommon. 
WASaBubbleButt
on 1/12/11 12:31 pm - Mexico
Use clean scissors and just cut it off.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
NCB1997
on 1/13/11 12:23 am
I had a internal stitch coming out of 3 of the 5 incisions. The doctor snipped them off at my last appt. Feels better as now it is not rubbing and poking on my shirt. The same thing happened on my shoulder surgery. Just don't pull on them.
Nancy B.    
Most Active