Dropping_LBS
on 1/12/11 12:24 pm
I have never been to Vegas.

Any tips or advice would be great.

Any place we should NOT stay?

Thank you
Bette B.
on 1/12/11 2:04 pm
 MARI is the person you should ask: she lives out there!  :-)

We've been there 4 times, the latest being September 2009. Our favorite place to stay is the Golden Nugget, downtown. For us, the Strip is just too crowded and insane.

Our best suggestion for you, though, is to rent a car if you're going to be there a few days and get out of the city. 20 minutes outside is Red Rock Canyon and an hour away is Valley of Fire. Both are absolutely gorgeous!

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

bubblesrn
on 1/12/11 8:55 pm
Lap Band on 02/22/08 with
I'm actually planning my best friend's bachlorette party there!  we're going in March.  The best prices that I've found is bookit.com.  Very reasonable prices and different locations of Vegas too.

Have fun!
Jan

all the weight has been lost post-op..I LOVE MY BAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

highest weight: 333 pounds (I know I gained after my last "weigh in" in the doctors office so probably it's more like 340 pounds)
current weight: 151 pounds (7/12/11)
I've been at goal (165 pounds) for 6 months now and now on maintence.  I tend to go up and down depending on time of the month and such! 

Hermosa L
on 1/13/11 12:47 am
I live in Vegas too.. I guess I would need to know the hotel your considering...usually the cheaper ones are at hotels that haven't been renovated in some time..like Imperial Palace.. but if you want to stay on the strip for a budget price.. that's a place to consider.

My friend and I booked a room on priceline we placed a bid on a room for a stay-acation and it worked out great.

Close to the strip.. but not on the strip the GOLD Coast they just renovated so make sure you ask for a newer room but it's not bad and it's very very close to the strip without having to pay strip prices.
Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 1/23/11 5:23 am
A great site about vegas for reviews and such is vegas tripping (http://www.vegastripping.com/).

Are you interested in staying on the strip or in downtown? There's a lot of great places, I've been there about 8 times. However, there's a huge difference in price ranges, so recommendations will depend on what your per diem is.
Most Active