Negativity....good grief.

Huggles13151
on 1/13/11 3:17 am - Northwood, OH
I was banded on Jan.10th. So far so good. I did a lot of research on the various surgeries and what my insurance would cover. The most important thing I came away with after all the research is that weight issues and surgical decisions are NOT one size fits all. We all have different food issues, health issues and mental issues that will contribute to what we decide to do. We are ALL different and I have seen a couple of people on here bullying people about the band. I think that is so wrong. All of the surgeries can have complications and everyone regardless of which surgery they choose has the potential to either not lose or gain all the weight they lost back. None of the surgeries are a miracle cure they are TOOLS we can use to help ourselves succeed. We are responsible for our sucess. Anyone of us can have complications with any of the procedures it's a part of life that things don't always go well.  Being mean and rude to the people coming on here for advice because you had complications is not fair or productive. Stating that one surgery is superior to another is just your opinion. None of us have a right to force our opinion on someone else. People come on here for information and support not to be bashed and treated like they are too stupid to know what they are doing. My reasons for choosing the band I'm sure are different from everyone elses but my choice certainly doesn't make me stupid or uninformed. If some of you are happy with the bypass or the sleeve more power to you. Whatever works.
janice34
on 1/13/11 3:41 am
Well said!! I had my band placed July 2009, it used to not be this bad. I now open a post and if I don't like where it is going I just go to the next. No need to bother myself with that junk.
FunnyFlamingo2010
on 1/13/11 3:48 am
Exactly!

Steph  =-)

Lapand surgery 1-6-2010
1st fill 2-16-2010   3.5cc for a total of 5.5 cc
2nd fill scheduled 3-24-2010   NO FILL!!  
3rd fill scheduled 5-11-10  NO FILL =-)
July 1st fill   
August 26 fill   6.8 cc's
November 17 fill   7.2cc's

- 138 lbs GONE!!! 

I am soooo lovin' my band!
It keeps me honest  =-)

Huggles13151
on 1/13/11 4:19 am - Northwood, OH
Glad I'm not the only one who sees the bashing, bullying and meaness as counterproductive. Anyone who has just had surgery or is actively researching their options is here looking for objective answers and advice. Having a few unhappy people treat you like you're dumb or portray themselve as an expert who knows what you should do is really not helpful to someone who is probably scared and worried to begin with. I think even the so called experts on which surgery we all need to have were at one time scared of the whole surgery thing. It's NOT the easy way out and it's Not an easy decision to make regardless of which surgery anyone chooses. We all need to cut each other some slack and show a little compassion. This isn't a contest to see who's right or smarter. It's supposed to be about caring enough about others to be helpful and supportive of each other. Regardless of which path we've chosen this is not easy for any of us. Anything I can do to help someone on their journey to health and weight loss I'm up for.
JoMixx
on 1/13/11 4:17 am - West Yarmouth, MA
Thank you!!!
Surgery 1/6/11 , 14ml band - 0ml fill      
psychomom
on 1/13/11 4:20 am - China Grove, NC
Great post ! The whole WLS war is a trigger for me because it is SO unnecessary !!!! We all have our own unique journey and for some it is more difficult than others . I just hope that if my band did not work out or I had issues I would not be as bitter as some ppl on here and lurk on a board in hopes of scaring ppl into doing things my way or the way I thought was right and bashing those who stood up for their own journey choices!  It really is so bad lately I stay away more often .:( I just do not want to get tempted into getting into that and that has happened to me recently .
Oh well  I LOVE MY BAND and I will not hide that or candy coat it in anyway .:)
This is a LAPBAND forum and we should be able to express our love for our tool w/o fear of being scoffed at or bashed for it !!!!

**steps off soapbox**

coachgrrl
on 1/13/11 4:34 am
 I completely agree.

There are several posters whose posts I skip over and choose not to read as they always have the same band bashing thing to say.  I've already heard it.  Thanks.

I really wish OH would ban some of these people as they are truly trolls on this board.

And what I can't understand is if they're doing so well with whatever surgery they chose, why the need to troll the band board?  Seriously I wish they'd get a life...somewhere else. 

psychomom
on 1/13/11 4:40 am - China Grove, NC
Hahaha Coachgrl I wonder the same thing. Why are they here ? LOL

Marcia J.
on 1/13/11 5:04 am - Coventry, CT
I agree - I was banded in October 2009 and it was not this bad!  I have had great success and would recommend the band to anyone and everyone!! 
I hope that the bashing does not deter someone from having this done - it has given me my life back again!

Ms Shell
on 1/13/11 5:36 am - Hawthorne, CA
You are so right when you say that the meanness, rudeness and name calling is just ridiculous.  I do have MY opinion on my surgery and will voice it but it's also HOW you voice things.

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Most Active