any other options

gleny
on 1/13/11 9:20 am - Wildwood, NJ
just found out that my insurance was cancel i only have had 3 fill in my lapband i have been 1 yr post what can i do is there any other insurance i can apply iam so confused i dont have mu*****ome can anyone help me plz
steelerfan1
on 1/13/11 9:26 am
Have  you talked to your doc about this yet ? I know because Im self pay I get a huge huge discount from him on fills when it's time for me to start paying for them in a yr .

Most docs  when you are self pay give these massive discounts to you and sometimes they will let u make a payment to them .  It never hurts to ask and see what they can offer you :o)

Why dont you call them and see what they can do to work with you on that

My doc only charges me a office visit which is around 75 to 85 bucks .

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

gleny
on 1/13/11 9:35 am - Wildwood, NJ
Iam going to do that iam going to contact him tomorrow cuz i didnt even get notify that my insurance was going to get cancel just receive a letter telling me that i no longer have health insurance just my kids i ask why is that and they didnt had an answer, but thanks for your help.
aliciahegeman
on 1/13/11 9:42 am - Highland, NY
can u apply for state aide? i know ny has it....

Hislady
on 1/13/11 12:08 pm - Vancouver, WA
Unfortunately this happens to lots of us. I was fortunate that I had pretty good restriction when I lost my coverage but I also havn't lost anymore weight since then. I can't afford a fill at the $225 my surgeon charges so I'm just stuck. This is yet another reason the lap band is not always the best choice of surgery!
pandavenise
on 1/13/11 12:34 pm
 You might want to talk to your DR. because when I had my band done it included the first year of fills.
WASaBubbleButt
on 1/13/11 1:38 pm - Mexico
Honestly, paying ins premiums is likely to be more expensive than fills. I am not suggesting you go uninsured, but to get ins only for fills is likely not a dobable proposition.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
WASaBubbleButt
on 1/13/11 1:39 pm - Mexico
Oups, I meant DOABLE.

However, dobable is an interesting word. ;o)

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
Most Active