Damn those sweets

janice A.
on 1/13/11 7:05 pm - san angelo, TX
HI, welli was doing well w/ my holiday weight loss then bam!! Sweets took over, I let them:(( .. ok well here's to fighting this battle .. wish me luck :) 

thanks for listening to me rant ..

luv u guys
janice

long term

SW 303/ lapband/ 244 /335 pre-op/ revision 4/11

grannymedic1
on 1/13/11 7:49 pm - Lake Odessa, MI
Revision on 08/21/12
I know what you are talking about. I just recently went through the same thing. All I can suggest is getting any trigger foods out of the house then go lower carb for your eating plan. That is what helps me with the cravings. After a good day of climbing the walls I settle in pretty well. It is just deciding that I am willing to do what ever it takes. Oh, and writing down every bite. While I was on prednisone a couple of weeks ago I was logging over 3000 calories a day. For the most part it was good foods, just constant food. Some was when I would suddenly go crazy and get into my hubbies stash of Little Debbies. Those days were probably worse, since I was spotty about writing down those midnight binges. Things are back under control, now, and I am content with myself. The worst thing those things like my bad holiday eating and this last thing is that it damages my self image, self confidence, and I become ashamed of me. I am trying to learn that while I may lose control at (hopefully) rare times, it does not make me shameful. I think that will go the farthest toward helping me get into those times and having a hard time getting back out.

Good luck, Sue

Highest weight: 212.8 Current weight 135 Lost 77.8 pounds

Lifebeauty
on 1/13/11 8:31 pm
You really need to dam those sweets.  Board them up and throw them out.  Several years back I was almost to my goal weight, let the sweets and sliders get the better of me and instead of losing my last few pounds, I gained them. 
Fight, fight, fight the urge.  It's hard to stop once you start using again.  You are not me so I'm sure you will fight the battle before a regain. 
Take care, Z

With  I will succeed.
HW: 280 - LW: 190 - GW - 180  
Unfilled 8/15/11 - WT:  209
1st Fill 11/29/11 - WT: 215.5 - 3cc
2/20/12 - New Goal - Get n Onederland
2nd Fill 4/26/12 - WT: 224.0 - 3cc
Z

bubblesrn
on 1/13/11 10:23 pm
Lap Band on 02/22/08 with
my name is Janice too!
But anyway, my trick... I do banish my "trigger" foods from my home... if my husband craves something, or if I crave something for that matter, I go out to get it, but in a smaller portion bag/container.  Example, if I'm craving lets say ice cream, I go to the ice cream store and order a kids size scoop... nothing else.  It's more expensive, yes, but saves ME in th long run.  Same thing for things like chips... I buy not the 99 cent big grab bag but the 25 cent or 50 cent bag.  It helps me stay in control and in check with myself.
I say, if you keep depriving yourself of something, by the time you get to it, you end up binging on it so moderation is your best friend.

Take care!
Jan

all the weight has been lost post-op..I LOVE MY BAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

highest weight: 333 pounds (I know I gained after my last "weigh in" in the doctors office so probably it's more like 340 pounds)
current weight: 151 pounds (7/12/11)
I've been at goal (165 pounds) for 6 months now and now on maintence.  I tend to go up and down depending on time of the month and such! 

tracycoder
on 1/13/11 10:35 pm
Remember Janice, it's a marathon and not a sprint!  Put the "sweets" incident behind you and move on.  I know you can do it!
steelerfan1
on 1/13/11 10:49 pm
M&M's those are my bad chocolates for the month of January  damn PMS the only time I eat sweets is around this time and this month the winner of the sweet is M&M probably because I could so many more in my mouth

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

Jo 1962
on 1/14/11 1:34 am - NearHouston, TX
I just like the ones with peanuts

5.0 cc in a 10cc lapband  (four  fills) 1 unfill of .5cc  on 5/24/2011.
.5 fill  March 2012. unfill of .25cc May 2012.  Unfill of .5cc June 2014.

Still with my lapband with no plans for revision. Band working well since

last small unfill.

HW: 267lbs- size 22-24  LW:194lbs  CW:198lbs  Size 14-16

steelerfan1
on 1/14/11 10:34 am
On January 14, 2011 at 9:34 AM Pacific Time, Jolena P. wrote:
I just like the ones with peanuts
LOL hey now that is what my cheeks look like when Im shoving them in my mouth during PMS !!  I dont like the peanuts though cant get as many in my mouth lol

My gosh hubby can sit there and eat bag of them though he loves the peanut ones to

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

vickiejk
on 1/14/11 9:49 am - McDonough, GA
I had the hardest time over the holidays. There was so many cookies and candy around at work. I had to make 8 dozen cookies for a fundraiser! What torture. I did cave in a good bit, but this was probably the first holiday season that I didn't gain weight. Thanks band!

Vickie Jane

Most Active