WLS Friendly Dressing/Recipe Anyone? Looking for a Thai Peanut Vinaigrette!!!

Nikki C.
on 3/24/11 7:04 am - Gaithersburg, MD
If anyone knows of a brand of a Thai Peanut dressing that is not too high in fat or sugar please let me know. 

Also if anyone has a recipe even better!

I've been researching last night and today and just can't quite find one that I am looking for.  I don't want one made with coconut milk (not that I don't like it, just looking for a different combo of ingredients)

I've come up with one on my own from combining some other recipes but I'll have to give it a shot.

If someone has one to share either bought or homemade then it would save me an experiment! 

Thanks in advance! 

N

Hermosa L
on 3/24/11 7:19 am
http://bolthouse.com/our-products/dressings/olive-oil-vinaig rettes/asian-ginger-vinaigrette/detail

I know it's not Thai .. but it might work and hello 35 calories for two tablespoons that's awesome

I LOVE their yogurt line..
Nikki C.
on 3/24/11 7:26 am - Gaithersburg, MD
Thanks for sharing!  I have had their ranch before and it's awesome!  Didn't miss the full fat taste at all! 

wendyb315
on 3/24/11 7:44 am
Here's one that's not too bad:

Makes 8 Servings

4 Tablespoons Peanut Butter
4 Tablespoons Rice Vinegar
1 Tablespoon Honey
4 Tablespoons Water

Mix all of the ingredients together.  Store in tightly sealed container.

Cal: 56, Protein: 1.92 g., Carb: 1.75 g., Fat: 3.99 g.

Fat can be reduced by using reduced fat peanut butter.

Wendy
kbagnell
on 3/24/11 11:33 am - Bristol, Canada
Nikki,  Have you tried the Kraft Asian Sesame Dressing?  It's very low fat, low in glucides and really delicious.  I have microwaved it and added a spoonful of reduced fat peanut butter.  It's great on anything; pork tenderloin, chicken, asian noodles - cold or hot, salad....  Hope you like it!  Karol
reneekennedy11
on 3/24/11 3:55 pm - CA
Love that dressing!
(deactivated member)
on 3/24/11 9:16 pm

Thai food sounds SO good, guess we will need to have that next week -- thanks :)

The recipe above sounds like it would work good. To cut the fat you could use powdered peanut butter or peanut flour as it's sometimes called. It's basically defatted, ground, dried peanuts that you reconstitue with water. Sounds yucky but actually tastes pretty good. Hardly any fat in it.

Nikki C.
on 3/25/11 7:34 am - Gaithersburg, MD
PB2 is AWESOME!  I might try that option a well! 

gaylancsu
on 3/25/11 12:47 am - Clayton, NC
brilliant--- I am bored with my current dressings and eating the same salad over and over and over again.

Lap-Band Surgery 10/8/2009  (all weight loss Post-Op)     

BluestCat
on 3/25/11 4:17 am
Don't have a Thai peanut recipe, but I use salsa as a salad dressing.

Kim
Most Active