WTF is up with DEACTIVATED MEMBERS?

Bette B.
on 3/24/11 6:38 am
 People come and go so quickly around here!

Dorothy & Glinda

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Evelyn M.
on 3/24/11 7:08 am - United Kingdom
it might not be their fault...I opened an account here, was on for two days, and then I could not log back in- apparently I was deactivated by OH?! Anyways, I wrote to OH and they confirmed that I should not have any problems, which I then hadn't- and here I am again and won't go away
Roll on weight loss!

MARIA F.
on 3/24/11 8:16 am - Athens, GA

Yeah but then there are the ones that deactivate and pretend to be gone and just sign on under a different screen name........Brock...........Tami, lol. I personally don't understand the game playing myself!

FormerlyFluffy.com

Kate -True Brit
on 3/24/11 11:16 am - UK

Don't know anything about Brock but that is unfair on Tami. She got fed up and left but then came back openly, said who she was, gave us her new name. That's not game playing. That's just deciding not to let people run her off the board but not being able to use the same name again.

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

MARIA F.
on 3/25/11 7:37 am - Athens, GA
Brock has had numerous names on here, just in the yr. and a half that I have been on. I suspect he is now the hedgehog one now. Seems to follow his posting history.

Tami has now has 3 in as many months. The last one she had after she deactivated she didn't identify herself to my knowledge. She's just on here playing games like Brock. No one ran either one of them off.

FormerlyFluffy.com

hedgehogdude
on 3/26/11 12:58 am - CO
For the record no, I'm not Brock.  I was on here and posting (albeit rarely) before he most recently left.  I picked up his exercise challenge not because I'm the same person, but because I liked the idea and thought if I was running it, that might help motivate me more.

But I'm not sure why I even bother responding.  You seem like the type who will ignore anything but the most absolute rock-solid proof if it conflicts with your own view of the universe.

Stephanie M.
on 3/26/11 1:14 am

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Born Lucky
on 3/27/11 2:51 pm, edited 3/27/11 2:51 pm
Maria, since you are so fascinated with my OH history, I'll be glad to give you clarification, since I'm certainly not hiding a damn thing.

I deactivated my account in January, quickly regretted that decision and started a new account with a screen name "mirror_mirror".  I felt that there were some "stalkerish" people around here, and questioned whether I wanted to be known as "the former 'TamiFromAL", so for a couple of weeks I stayed anonymous.  Then, decided that I couldn't really be as supportive on the site without sharing my story, which comes along with embracing my "old self".  I put up an avatar showing my "good fortune" tattoo, and decided to switch the screen name from "mirror_mirror" to "Born Lucky" (same account), and posted a thread explaining about my background.

Regardless of my screen name, I have *always* been completely honest in my posting.  

Oh, and by the way....for the record, I still stand behind my words on that last jewel of a thread that you and I shared before I deactivated in January.  I think you are a blog ***** and that a lot of what you post is purely to get attention to you and your blog.  I guess any kind of attention is better than being ignored.  Personally, I wouldn't want to read the blog of someone who can't spell, uses text-speak ("ppl"), and who pulls articles from Feedburner rather than actually writing.  You're sad and pathetic, Maria, and I really, really don't like you.  

But what really gets me is the fact that the band worked for you, you've lost a lot of weight, have had no complications, yet you're the worst band basher I've ever seen.  I can actually understand some of the other "bashers" who have suffered the pain, frustration, and expense of major complications.  You have not.  You should count your blessings, but I know you'd rather count on failure.  I wish you the best with your revision, and hope you don't find such negativity with your next endeavor.

Tami 

273/150/158
"All things are possible when you find and believe in your own personal strength."
Formerly "TamiFromAL"; 4cc band, unfilled
MARIA F.
on 3/27/11 4:05 pm - Athens, GA
On March 27, 2011 at 9:51 PM Pacific Time, Born Lucky wrote:
Maria, since you are so fascinated with my OH history, I'll be glad to give you clarification, since I'm certainly not hiding a damn thing.

I deactivated my account in January, quickly regretted that decision and started a new account with a screen name "mirror_mirror".  I felt that there were some "stalkerish" people around here, and questioned whether I wanted to be known as "the former 'TamiFromAL", so for a couple of weeks I stayed anonymous.  Then, decided that I couldn't really be as supportive on the site without sharing my story, which comes along with embracing my "old self".  I put up an avatar showing my "good fortune" tattoo, and decided to switch the screen name from "mirror_mirror" to "Born Lucky" (same account), and posted a thread explaining about my background.

Regardless of my screen name, I have *always* been completely honest in my posting.  

Oh, and by the way....for the record, I still stand behind my words on that last jewel of a thread that you and I shared before I deactivated in January.  I think you are a blog ***** and that a lot of what you post is purely to get attention to you and your blog.  I guess any kind of attention is better than being ignored.  Personally, I wouldn't want to read the blog of someone who can't spell, uses text-speak ("ppl"), and who pulls articles from Feedburner rather than actually writing.  You're sad and pathetic, Maria, and I really, really don't like you.  

But what really gets me is the fact that the band worked for you, you've lost a lot of weight, have had no complications, yet you're the worst band basher I've ever seen.  I can actually understand some of the other "bashers" who have suffered the pain, frustration, and expense of major complications.  You have not.  You should count your blessings, but I know you'd rather count on failure.  I wish you the best with your revision, and hope you don't find such negativity with your next endeavor.

Tami 

I really have no interest in your OH history.............So there was no clarification needed. Go ahead and change names all u want like Brock.

I could care less what you think about my blog.................or my spelling. Lol. Feel free to never read my blog. :-)

And YOU are the one that is sad and pathetic, and my feelings for you are mutual. Although I don't make it a point to attack you like you seem to so much enjoy doing to me................but then that's just the kind of person you are!

You have a lot of nerve telling me my band works! "Ppl" like you (yes I used text-speak) are the reason bandsters that have problems don't want to post on the band forum! They see how mean and nasty that u treat someone with a band problem and they are afraid to post too! Hope that makes u happy!

And I do count my blessings that I have not had some of the band complications that some of the other bandsters have had. But it's for ppl like me and ppl l ike them that I make the posts I do on here.

Thanks for more of your "support" Tami! Lol.

FormerlyFluffy.com

Stephanie M.
on 3/28/11 1:20 am
 Lucky, I don't understand the point of making an issue of someone deactivating or changing their screen name/avatar etc.  I don't think you owe anyone an explanation at all.

As far as Brock, rather than thinking he is "lurking" behind a troll account, I would be concerned for him...he wasn't in such a good place emotionally or physically when he deactivated. 

We need to just be a little nicer to each other...the message (medicine) is always received a little better with a little sugar...since we can't really have the food kind, the emotional sugar is even more important

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Most Active