Papaya Enzyme Recommendation?

NJDizzybee
on 3/25/11 10:58 pm - Riverside Township, NJ
Hi Everyone - I purchased a bottle of Papaya Enzyme from the Vitamin Shoppe and they are absolutely awful!  I can hardly get one down.  They are really strong tasting and yick!  Can you guys tell me what brand you use?  I want to keep them on hand.  Thanks!

The brand I purchased was Vitamin Shoppe Chewable Papaya Enzyme Natural Cherry Flavor.

Kate -True Brit
on 3/26/11 12:50 am - UK

I am never really sure what use it would be! They tenderise meat but not immediately so if you take it when stuck, the problem is going to work itself out before they do anything! And anything so strong it broke down stuck food quickly, I wouldn't want it in me anyway!! And in my experience, if something isn't going down, the last thing i want is to add something on top of it!

But it is easy for me to say as I have never been that badly stuck anyway! I've never used papaya enzyme but i know others think it wonderful!

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Krista C.
on 3/26/11 2:51 am - Quispamsis, Canada
I'm with Kate - have never used 'em and am not sure what the purpose is either.

Angelique J.
on 3/26/11 7:07 am - Allentown, PA
I was going to say the same thing there is no reason why papaya would do anything. I mean sure it would tenderize meat but that takes hours and certainly wouldn't liquify it. Same goes for pineapple. I have never used anything like that. I would say just chew well, choose carefuly, and eat slowly. I have had some bad stuck issues in the past but I would walk, stretch, slime, and eventually and painfully work it through. I consider these learning episodes.

HW - 366+/1stSW - 325/CW - 301/GW - 200,

Lap-banded 3-5-2008, planning for revision to RNY 

J.A.C.+M  poly w/ child

Hislady
on 3/26/11 12:01 pm - Vancouver, WA
I'm with the others never had a reason to use them. The few times I've gotten stuck I found a hard peppermint candy did more to calm things down. Other than that I just wait it out.
(deactivated member)
on 3/27/11 3:46 am - ~Somewhere in~, PA
I've always gone to GNC to get my Papaya Enzymes and they taste like candy, very tasty. They ease digestion and I think they are critical for ALL Lap banders to keep food cleared from the esophagus and pouch...if I eat too close to bedtime, I just chew a few and this prevent any reflux.
Most Active