Im curious....

OCCali_Girl
on 3/27/11 5:26 pm - CA
I am now 45 lbs down and going strong...... now on a girl who is over 300 that is a lot of weight and I KNOW I look like I have lost weight but with very few exceptions people have not said ANYTHING to me!!

I am curious to find out who else has run into this.  Do you think it is because they don't want to imply that you are Fat? or could it really be that they don;t notice?  I know at like 80 lbs they  will HAVE  to notice but I would not mind a little observatin at the moment... what do you guys think?!

Just curious what other peoples expereinces have been in this realm!

Thanks for reading!
~Anna

The band may not be perfect, but it will be perfect for me!

VEGAS IN JUNE GOAL!!        

Yelena K.
on 3/27/11 6:47 pm - Plymouth, MN
There are many reasons why people won't say anything about your weight loss. The main ones tend to be that they don't want to offend you and that they didn't notice. 

I started at 304.5lbs... and when I lost about 70lbs, people finally said something. At that point there was no denying my weight loss. 

It takes people a long time, but when you get up in the morning the only person who needs to notice and be EXTREMELY proud is YOU. :-) 

2019: 11 years out and maintaining a loss of 150lbs.

Follow me:

www.morethanmyweight.com

www.facebook.com/morethanmyweight

www.youtube.com/morethanmyweight

(deactivated member)
on 3/28/11 11:16 am - San Diego, CA
Hi Elena...long time no see on OH!  You look amazing. :)
whatadream
on 3/27/11 7:02 pm - NH
Your doing a great job !  People didn't notice my weight loss all winter.  It was'nt until we had a few warm days and I didn't have to wear my winter coat.  I also had on a more fitting shirt and pants instead of the baggey ones.  Keep up the good work!
crystal M.
on 3/27/11 8:42 pm - Joliet, IL
I was 354 lbs and no one really said anything to me till I got to 250 lbs.  Then all of the sudden the compliments were flowing.  I think people wait till you get to certain point and then compliment.  Now people something all of the time and I wish they would stop.  I m down to 218 lbs. but the people that don't say anything to me now speaks volumes.  
barbara314
on 3/27/11 9:58 pm

I started out at 333lbs, and have lost about 56lbs so far, and some have noticed.  It's interesting how they say it soft so others won't hear them - lol.  However, in my job, I'm very visible and come in contact with hundreds of people a day.  And then there is my boyfriend (who I live with), who can't tell I lost any weight at all.

I find the people who see me on a daily basis don't really notice.  I also think people for the most part are consumed with their own stuff and aren't paying too much attention. 

The important thing is that I can see it.  Like many of you, I'm sure, I have clothing in various sizes, so I haven't really been wearing anything that is falling off of me (yet). 

Don't worry - in no time they will ALL notice...
~ Barbara

steelerfan1
on 3/27/11 9:59 pm
My family and close friends dont say nothing to me they see me every day and granted I have only lost 44 pounds .

Now my friend I saw yesterday hasnt seen me in two months and she noticed a big difference in me especially my hips I have lost alot of inches there .

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

Lifebeauty
on 3/27/11 10:09 pm
It can be very odd.  I lost 90 lbs and a few said I looked sickly.  I gained a few and everybody commented.  Take silence or comments as a blessing or malidiction.  Sometimes we don't ever learn the true reason for the giving or the holding back.  Be careful not to let comments or the lack thereof to deter you.  Take care and keep up the good work.
Z

With  I will succeed.
HW: 280 - LW: 190 - GW - 180  
Unfilled 8/15/11 - WT:  209
1st Fill 11/29/11 - WT: 215.5 - 3cc
2/20/12 - New Goal - Get n Onederland
2nd Fill 4/26/12 - WT: 224.0 - 3cc
Z

dudabuda
on 3/27/11 11:32 pm
I know what you are saying...
I have lost  almost 40 pounds and I have a coworker (same size as me) she has lost 14 piounds. 6 of us got together one day and everyone commented on how great she looked, meanwhile, not 1 person out of that group has said 1 thing to me.

On the other hand, I reallly don't like people commenting on my weight, so it's a good thing...

but I can't help thinking, what about me?

Melanie V.
on 3/28/11 1:00 am - Denver, CO
I just went on vacation and saw family I hadn't seen since Jan 2010 the month before my surgery. Everyone here noticed b made me feel so good. Back home the people that see me everyday don't say much. My husband tells me not to rely on other people to make myself feel good. Bit only matters if I feel good about myself b
Surgery 2/3/10 Weight 207
Current 165
Goal 140
Believe you can and you're halfway there. -Theodore Roosevelt-
Most Active