Can't Feel My Port Anymore?

NJDizzybee
on 4/7/11 1:10 am - Riverside Township, NJ
I don't know if this is normal or not, but I'm 6 weeks post surgery and I can't feel my port anymore!  It "was" right next to my belly button.  Is it because the swelling has gone down?  It's like it disappeared!  I've pressed all around my belly, and can't feel it!  Now I'm worried something is wrong, but I don't have any other symptoms.  I see my doc on Monday for my first fill.  I am hungrier now, but I know that's normal prior to a fill.

Am I worried over nothing?

LuciousLA & Babylapband
on 4/7/11 1:49 am - Greenbelt, MD
Lap Band on 02/13/06 with
I think you are worrying for nothing, because if you have lost weight, it more likely have move due to smaller stomach.  If you want to find it...lay on your back and do a half crunch..that will bring it to the surface, this is what your doctor will have you to do when he/she give you a fill.
Stephanie M.
on 4/7/11 3:26 am
Funny thing about that port...it isn't exactly under the incision...I thought mine was until I went in for my first fill and the injection was about 3 inches below my incision...losing weight means your skin stays the same while everything below is moving...it's still there.

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Hermosa L
on 4/7/11 4:28 am
Yeah there was times I couldn't feel it .. but as I'm losing weight of recent man o man I felt it at Yoga..

I think your worrying over nothing but baby gives a good way to find by laying down.. that's when I could feel it the most..
NJDizzybee
on 4/7/11 4:49 am - Riverside Township, NJ
Thanks Ladies!  I didn't realize that!  I was trying to feel for it under the incision.  I feel alot better now
carriesb
on 4/7/11 6:25 pm
I can't feel mine unless I move a certain way
Most Active