Just checking in

M. G
on 4/9/11 2:39 am - VA
 I've been browsing through some of the posts and don't see very familiar faces, but I'm very rarely on here anymore.  That's because I'm busy living my life!!!

Three years ago yesterday I weighed in at 215lbs and 5 ft tall!  Yesterday I ran 2.5 miles because I'm training for a 5K and have almost decided to continue training for a 10k and then who knows.... maybe a half marathon.

I like to stop in from time to time and give a little update as encouragement.  I've had my ups and downs but my weight is steady. Last spring I got down to 3.5 lbs away from goal weight when I decided I could eat a BBQ rib.....stuck, bad!!   After a total unfill last May I did end up gaining 15lbs because I couldn't stop shoving things in my mouth but I'm not beating myself up over it. It has taken several months to get where I needed to be because the nurse practitioner in my docs office was giving TINY little fills.   I started seeing my surgeon for fills instead of his NP and was back to appropriate restriction in 2 visits.  Live and learn, I guess.  No more BBQ ribs and no more visits to the NP.

In any case....I love my band!!!  I've got to get that last 15lbs off but it will happen in time.  If it doesn't....I still love my life and have this tool to thank for fiving it back to me. I spent many years being miserable because of my weight.  

My advice is to stick to the program, follow the rules!!  If you slip up, don't beat yourself up, just try not to do it again.  If I can do this, so can you!
psychomom
on 4/9/11 4:48 am - China Grove, NC
Thanks for coming by and sharing ! It really helps to see people who have had great success and are working their program . you are doing a great job and ha ve a great attitude ! Keep it up and those last few lbs will be gone before you know it.:)

Most Active