been quiet too long....

psychomom
on 4/12/11 11:42 am - China Grove, NC
I really  want to TRY not to get involved in the whole surgery war thing .It is a mute point really. People are going to chose which surgery they feel suits them best and so be it. I think we are all on the same path here.... to lose weight ....period !!!! I am SO sick of the surgery wars and band bashing. I really think some of these band bashers are intimidated by the fact that yeah we may lose slower and less but in the long run most studies prove that lapband patients have kept the weight off better !!!! YES there is a chance we may have issues , as there is with any WLS, but at least we can have our bands removed ! Which is why I chose it in the first place. If it does not work out for what ever reason for the most part ....no harm no foul ....take it out !   No one is saying that this is a no fail solution to weight loss but none of the WLS's are ! I personally know ppl who have had other forms who have had some success but also had many complications and now are facing wt gain! We are ALL volunerable to complications and re-gaining of weight no matter which surgery we have chosen. So WHY bash anyone?  This is not directed at anyone just at the fact that this whole band bashing/surgery wars drives people away when they need support the most !
This is just my two cents worth ....   (did I mention I have PMS  LOL)

Hislady
on 4/12/11 2:10 pm - Vancouver, WA
Like death and taxes the surgery wars will always be here. The best thing to do for your sanity and blood pressure is don't even read them, they are never productive. Now go have a very small piece of chocolate and you'll feel much better.
D. Scott
on 4/12/11 2:18 pm
RNY with
I agree that the surgery wars are really frustrating. I have no problem with people sharing their experiences or passing along key research, but the skewed and biased posts really bug me esp when I wonder what their agenda is. I also have recently started feeling very possesive of our lapband board here kinda feeling like it really should be an exclusive place for support. It sounds so rediculous to say I think the "haters" shouldn't be allowed here, but they become so poisonous. I don't understand why they can't keep their nastyness on the main board. The most frustrating posts I read come from those who have never had a band and those who have never had ANY surgery. I mean they just get so gung ho to hop on in with their mean, rude, inaccurate information and start attacking.

The best I can say is what everyone reminded me of last week when I was ready to leave. That is to say that we need successful, calm, bandsters to unite and remain the voices of reason for the support we both give and receive. Have a great night!

Sleeve Revision from Lap-band November 23, 2012

Starting Weight: 236 Lowest Weight w/ Lap-Band: 160 Current Weight: 190

Goal Weight: 150...40lbs to go

whatadream
on 4/12/11 11:22 pm - NH
I agree with you.  I don't want to get into any battles.  I just keep coming back for the support of others. 
Back2fat
on 4/12/11 11:59 pm - Houston, TX
Im new to this site but not to wls, Im awaiting a revision from rny to the band. I believe that all of the surgeries have good and bad points it depends on the individual. I dont get into the whole band wars thing but I must say that it can be discouraging to new people on the site as I am one. Everyone I have encountered has been very helpful and uplifting. I ignore the negativety.

phychomom you rock!!!!
psychomom
on 4/13/11 12:03 am - China Grove, NC
Thanks ;)

dawnmarieNJ
on 4/13/11 1:43 am
REALIZE Band on 08/11/10 with
Ditto....IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE.
You can't go back and make a brand new start, but you can start from now and make a brand new end. 

steelerfan1
on 4/13/11 1:50 am
You are right. I know there was another surgery war going on the main board and I just ignored it.

It dont matter what you say its going to be she said / he said thing and nothing gets accomplished but angry words and hurt feelings what is the point in that ?   Nothing.  People have their own minds made up and there is no since acting like school children and arguing about what surgery is better .

It's hard to keep quite sometimes and I have gotten myself into some of them threads but with all the bashing lately and attacking each other I just havent been posting as much as I use to .

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

Most Active