Jillian Michael's podcasts

PameW
on 4/15/11 2:32 am
For any of you that have access to itunes, I highly recommend listening to Jillian Micheal's weekly podcasts! They are so real & relavent. I've learned so much from them about eating & foods and weightloss expectations. All of her podcasts are also FREE!

The one that struck me as so relevant this week was, Fat does not make you fat & the BMI chart is bull****! Jillian says you should be measuring your hip to waist ratio and that a lot of us are looking to lose the last twenty pounds as vanity pounds and not necessarily what our bodies want or need!

Again, if you haven't checked her out or listened to her, I suggest you give it a try! I find something & relevant each week! Even though she isn't talking to WLS patients, it is still very insightful information!
FunnyFlamingo2010
on 4/15/11 3:01 am
I love her but the ***** tries to kill me with her workout!! UGGHH

Thanks for sharing Pam

Lapand surgery 1-6-2010
1st fill 2-16-2010   3.5cc for a total of 5.5 cc
2nd fill scheduled 3-24-2010   NO FILL!!  
3rd fill scheduled 5-11-10  NO FILL =-)
July 1st fill   
August 26 fill   6.8 cc's
November 17 fill   7.2cc's

- 138 lbs GONE!!! 

I am soooo lovin' my band!
It keeps me honest  =-)

(deactivated member)
on 4/15/11 3:44 am - Des Moines, IA
I just downloaded it and will listen to it on the computer.  Thanks!

Kristi
Lisaizme
on 4/15/11 4:19 am - TX
I totally agree that the BMI  is ONLY a guide.  It's not accurate for athletes, older people or for those who've been obese for an extended period of time (our bones are heavier because of the stress we put on them with weight.. therefore it throws the BMI off).

I go by a combination of what I'm able to do, how my clothes are fitting (or how they're getting looser.. lol), body measurements AND the scale.

I don't have itunes.. any other way to get the podcasts?  I don't want to get into itunes.. I have an issue with them (silly, I know, but it is what it is).

Lisa
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr

PameW
on 4/15/11 6:53 am
Lisa:

I'm not sure if you can get it elsewhere. YOu can try her twitter or facebook pages. Maybe even her website at jillianmichaels.com. I just discovered it on itunes. You don't have to download it, you can just click and listen. They are well worth it. I have an iphone and that is where I discovered them after seeing a posting by Jillian on facebook.

Pam
Brandywyne
on 4/15/11 6:00 am - Abingdon, MD
Thanks for sharing I am a big fan of her I just bought a treadmill with Ifit and she really gets you moving i plan to also get the elliptical as well.

Most Active