Anyone else have wierd warning pains?

debbie H.
on 4/15/11 9:32 am - AR
I have this wierd warning pain in my neck/shoulder.  It tells me when I've eaten enough, and I HAVE to heed the warning or the pain gets worse.  I figured it had to be some kind of a nerve being pressed on, and basically they told me at my docs office that's what it was.  At first it bothered me till I figured out how to use it to my advantage.  It's part of my new band that keeps me honest!  Anyone else with wierd or wonky band things?

Nic M
on 4/15/11 10:15 am
That's actually a very common thing amongst bandsters. Referred left shoulder pain comes and goes in some people, while others, like me, had it morning, noon and night and to a debilitating degree.

Vagus and Phrenic nerves near the diaphragm... some go completely haywire when a band comes near them!  

Although you say you are "using it to your advantage," I'd caution you that the more this happens, the more it's likely to happen. Once the nerves get irritated, they tend to get irritated more often. Since I had this pain every day for 2 years, I still get it on occasion 6 years after band removal. (My diaphragm was damaged during surgery.)    So, don't take it lightly because it really can adversely affect your health. 

I wish you the best. Take care.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Laurena
on 4/16/11 11:50 am - Louisville, KY
Wow..maybe that is whats wrong with me .For 10 days now my neck and left shoulder is very painfull different times of the day.But my right shoulder hurts some too.
I had my 2nd fill 10 days ago.But only got alltogether 5cc in a 14cc band.  

Jill P.
on 4/15/11 6:24 pm - United Kingdom
Its strange you say that because I'm just starting to recognise that feeling & heed the warning. I had a fill a few days ago & now get that feeling after about 1/2 cup of food...I didn't recognise it at first & carried on eating, resulting in severe pain & being stuck, so I suppose its a good thing really.
Jill
BluestCat
on 4/16/11 3:36 am
I experience pain in my lower sinuses when I have eaten too much. Not a pleasant thing.

Kim
Nic M
on 4/16/11 4:01 am
Same doggone nerve system! After my band was removed, I had chronic sneezing from diaphragmatic damage! It was indescribable. I'd roll over, get a sharp stabbing pain under my left rib cage and then start sneezing uncontrollably for hours and hours. I passed out a few times!

It's nuts how much those nerves can affect a body!

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

meggiekat
on 4/16/11 2:00 pm - Robins, IA
Lap Band on 02/12/11 with
 If I eat too fast I get pain in my diaphragm, right under my sternum. When I eat too much, I get the pain in my diaphragm, along with pain in my jaw and headaches.

NJDizzybee
on 4/17/11 2:21 am - Riverside Township, NJ
It's so strange how we get different pains from the same behavior.  If I eat too much or too quickly, I get a sharp pain right between my shoulder blades.  Once I figured out why I was getting the pain, I backed off on the amount of food I was eating, and haven't had the pain since. 

Most Active