OK...so I'm now officially an idiot!

debbie H.
on 4/17/11 6:45 am - AR
So I'm thinking, because I've had a bite or 2 of bread several times without a problem, I can eat bread, right?  WRONG!  I made myself (and the dogs) half a cheese sandwich on a nice soft bun.  I probably ate too fast, too big of bites, and nice, soft, bread.  I was stuck for an hour!  My shoulder/neck still hasn't completely quit hurting, but my stomach has.  I took 3 papaya enzymes twice.  They do help me.  Learned THAT lesson.  No more bread for me! 

crystal M.
on 4/17/11 8:20 am - Joliet, IL
Had that happen to me with a bagel...I won't go near them now.  I was uncomfortable and couldn't eat for the rest of the day.  It was by far the worse stiuck episode I ever had.   
Jill P.
on 4/17/11 10:30 pm - United Kingdom
Its so difficult to judge isn't it. When that happens to me, I'm not sure if its because I've eaten too quickly, too much, or just not chewed it enough. Its such a mine field!!
(deactivated member)
on 4/18/11 1:31 am - Des Moines, IA
My surgeon says once there's good restriction, bread just swells up in the pouch.  I once got stuck on a very toasted wheat thin and it was 2 hours of pain.  I will never do that again.  I had taken teeny, tiny little bites and eaten it slowly. 
Most Active