Fill Appt = Murder Scene

BroomHilda
on 4/19/11 9:44 am
Hello All,

I thought I would share my latest fill appt experience and see if anyone else has had this happen before.

I had my fill appt yesterday all started out normal. My surgeon had me stand up which was new but I 'm flexible and decided to go with the flow. She stuck the needle which was huge and it is hurt as always. The plus was she found the port fast. All seemed normal.

However as she was about to get ready to pull out the needle. The incision site began to bleed. She pulled the needle out and all of a sudden my stomach started squriting blood. There was so much blood that I had a handful since I was trying to catch it while my surgeon reached for some gauze.

Next thing I know it starts spraying blood  and there is blood everywhere. All over me, my pants, my surgeon, the floor, the wall  and I am about ready to pass out from all this blood. We get a pile of gauze and some pressure on it and finally it dies down. We both looked around the exam room and started laughing by how bad it looked.

What had happened is that blood vessel must of been sliced during the incision of the needle which caused the massive amount of blood.

But I tell you what that doctor office looked like a murder scene and I looked liked a bloody mess as I left the office. I think if I was a newbie to the banding world that would of scared me to death.

I would love to hear your fill "horror" stories

Bloody Broom

Starting Weight 346.7lbs Current Weight 199lbs Goal Weight 150lb
Bette B.
on 4/19/11 10:05 am
 HOLY CRAP! I don't know what dubious award to give you, but YOU WIN!!
Trophy

NOTE TO NEWBIES: In the almost 8 years I've been on OH, this is the first time I've ever heard a fill story this horrifying!!

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

BroomHilda
on 4/20/11 3:31 am
Hi Bette,

I would love to share my battle wounds but I can not seem to figure out how to post a picture.
If you would please be so kind as to enlighten me to what the secret is because control V isn't working for me.

Sorry for acting like a newb I should know this.

Thanks,

Broom

Tarris
on 4/19/11 10:09 am
I can't come anywhere near that story...Bette is right...you win!  But I will admit to being a bit weirded out by having to sit up with the GIANT NEEDLE AND SYRINGE hanging out of my belly.  It felt a little like that scene in Pulp Fiction when they jam the hypodermic into Uma's chest and she gasps and jerks into a sitting position!

BroomHilda
on 4/19/11 10:58 am
Wow!!! Thank you... Thank you...

I don't know to feel a little terrified or honored. In regards to fills and Pulp Fiction that is what I had been so accustomed to as well. Up until yesterday, that is...

Note to self: Don't settle for your surgeon's PA. Today my tummy is black and blue :( Hopefully I end up with some restriction out of all of this.

Bloody Broom

(deactivated member)
on 4/19/11 10:21 am - WA
Had my first fill yesterday.  Really really glad this was not posted til today.  LOL

It freaks me out to see so many people mention seeing a huge syringe hanging out of the stomach.  I would think that in order to see that one would have to look down to check it out.  Me...I have now counted many of the dimples in the textured ceiling of the fill room at my doctors.  Just sayin'!!
kathkeb
on 4/19/11 10:22 am
Sorry -- no horror stories to report.

My surgeon ha**** my port on the first try every single fill and unfill.

He is a saint ----- unfilled my sliming-self at 6:30pm on New Year's Day (a Saturday/holiday) in his office to help me out.

I am grateful!
Kath

(deactivated member)
on 4/19/11 10:27 am - San Diego, CA
That's NUTS!!!  I've never heard of anything like this in my life.  Glad you're okay.
Bubble S.
on 4/19/11 10:29 am
Good Grief woman, that is scary.  No horror story from me either.  I have had 6 fills , No unfills, all done under fluro.  Easy peasy- no drama at all.  Just a long arse day spent down in LA.

Thank goodness you could have a laugh about it.  You deserve the "Good Sport" Award.
 Remember, if you want to be a 155 pound person, you have to EAT like one. 
  View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

debbie H.
on 4/19/11 10:57 am - AR
OMG, if this had been April 1st, I would have been looking for you to say "April Fools".  Well, at least now if it ever happen to me I will know it wasn't the first time.

Most Active