A little TMI -- does your breath stink??

Donnamarie
on 4/19/11 9:31 pm - NY
We were laying in bed last night and I was facing my boyfriend.  He suddenly says, "what's that smell?"  I had no idea and kinda looked around to see if the dog or cat had farted!!!  Then he says, "um, honey, it's your breath."  UGH!  I am happy he is honest enough to let me know, because heck I'd hate to have people running from me during the day.

Is it ketosis??  I guess gum and mints will become my new friend!

"Accountability first to yourself, then nobody else matters"

Jean M.
on 4/19/11 10:10 pm
Revision on 08/16/12
Could be ketosis. Or something dental, like an abcessed tooth. But if that were the case, you'd probably already hear your tooth complaining.

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

justjudy
on 4/19/11 11:12 pm - Canton, MI
Actually, my daughter said to me last week "your band must be working because your breath is bad again".

I don't know what the connection is, but when my band functions well it seems I do get bad breath more easily, maybe because food sits at the top of the stomach longer and odors waft up.  Who knows?  I just know I have to try to drink lots, swish often and be aware of the potential to offend.

Judy

Donnamarie
on 4/20/11 12:50 am - NY

Jean,

No tooth issues, no pain.  I don't quite smell it myself even when I do the hand in front of the mouth breathing thing.  Just an icky feeling knowing that your breath smells!

Judy,

Thanks, glad I am not alone.  I'm glad we have all those honest people telling us we stink. LOL  Yes, I will be more diligent in my efforts not to offend!

"Accountability first to yourself, then nobody else matters"

reverie
on 4/20/11 12:58 am
Ketosis. If your carbs are pretty low your body goes into ketosis where it's burning fat for your energy source.

Banded May 10, 2010

Onederland June 12, 2010

SW: 245lbs CW: 131lbs GW: 125ish.

From a size 20 to a size 2! Woo hoo.

speck
on 4/20/11 1:08 am
I have experienced this off and on unfortunately.  He said he has heard this from some of his patients.  Also, he said reflux(even if no other symptoms) can be the culprit. 
Catapult
on 4/20/11 1:07 pm - Australia
The other day my husband comes back from work. We do our 'hello' kiss.

He cringes and says "your breath is insane!".

I could taste it too. At least I know I am burning fat. But when I go back to work I will have to take sugar-free mints along too.

Cat.
Most Active