Why NOTHING ever f*cking fits!!!!!!

Bette B.
on 4/25/11 12:46 am
 From today's NY Times:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/25/business/25sizing.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=one%20size%20fits&st=cse

One Size Fits Nobody: Seeking a Steady 4 or a 10

In one store, you’re a Size 4, in another a Size 8, and in another a Size 10 — all without gaining an ounce.

It’s a familiar problem for many women, as standard sizing has never been very standard, ever since custom clothing gave way to ready-to-wear.

So, baffled women carry armfuls of the same garment in different sizes into the dressing room. They order several sizes of the same shirt online, just to get the right fit.

Now, a handful of companies are tackling the problem of sizes that are unreliable. Some are pushing more informative labels. Some are designing multiple versions of a garment to fit different body shapes. And one is offering full-body scans at shopping malls, telling a shopper what sizes she should try among the various brands.

(For more, go to the link above.)

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Suzanne K.
on 4/25/11 12:54 am - NJ
 i absolutely hate the "SIZE " game. 

I have never been one to care what size fits me. I am just happy that I can wear some nice outfits and they look flattering on me. The size to me does not matter. It's how I feel inside and how I like how I look on the outside.....

Of course, now that I'm losing weight due to my surgery, I may be changing my feeling about sizes....i don't really mind wearing a larger size since I am a plus size girl that carries my weight pretty well.

So dress for success, what flatters you, what plays up your strengths and down plays weaknesses.....
Bette B.
on 4/25/11 12:57 am
 And it's why even after dropping a buttload of weight, I LOATHE trying on clothes!!! 

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Wendybrum
on 4/25/11 2:13 am - Oceanside, NY
 I get what your saying.
While still losingweight I wanna know am I a 14 or a 12?
Hey manufactures I need to know for my head.
Wendy

Yelena K.
on 4/25/11 2:44 am - Plymouth, MN
 Sizes make me crazy. And on top of it... I came to Korea where I'm a size 90. What's THAT all about? I work my ass off to get from a 24 to an 8 and now all of a sudden I'm a 90? Screw that man.

2019: 11 years out and maintaining a loss of 150lbs.

Follow me:

www.morethanmyweight.com

www.facebook.com/morethanmyweight

www.youtube.com/morethanmyweight

Bandita41111
on 4/25/11 4:45 am - NY

Your comment made my afternoon!  :-)   Congrats on getting to 8!

Bandita41111

Lap- Band Surgery Date 4/11/11    
Angelique J.
on 4/25/11 2:05 pm - Allentown, PA
I haver a size XL tank top I love and then I couldn't get a size 26 pair of jeans on at the store, kiss my (apparently fat) ass!

HW - 366+/1stSW - 325/CW - 301/GW - 200,

Lap-banded 3-5-2008, planning for revision to RNY 

J.A.C.+M  poly w/ child

Most Active