I don't want to be Queen, but . . .

Bette B.
on 4/27/11 1:14 am
 . . . thank you for all you support and positive responses to my post. You guys are the best. As I said last night: I'm not leaving, but I may just not be posting as frequently. If you need me and haven't seen me around, just PM me.

Please, please, please: if you've had a bad experience with your band, do NOT feel that I don't want you to post here or anywhere else. Your experiences have value and do not let that be negated. 

If you're a newbie to OH and the Forum, please do not be scared off. For every person who has had a bad band experience, there is a least one (many more, actually) who have done at least average and often VERY WELL with it. Take the time to evaluate all your options of WLS before you make the decision of what is best for YOU. If it's the band, terrifi****ep coming back! If it's NOT the band, more power to you, and best of luck with whatever procedure you choose. Just remember that NO WLS is right for EVERYONE and NO success will ever be GUARANTEED with any procedure. You just have to do the best you can.

If you are recently banded and experiencing "bandster hell", a plateau, a slow weight loss - it does NOT mean that you need to go galloping into another surgery! You just HAD one - why on earth would you want to subject yourself to another when you may not need it? Work with your surgeon (*****member, works for and gets paid by YOU) along with a nutritionist, if needed, to find out how to make that band work the best for you.

If you haven't decided on a procedure yet,  take suggestions from the recently-surgeried with a HUGE grain of salt. Everyone thinks their procedure is the best one when they're in that honeymoon stage and everything is working correctly. Read posts from people who are 6 months, a year, five years out and see what each day is like for them.

And EVERYONE should remember that what you read on the Internet may or may not be total crap. People may or may not be who they say they are. They may or may not have had surgery at ALL. People who claim to be nurses, doctors, lawyers (or Indian chiefs) may not be. Just because I can whip out phrases like "trans-esophageal echocardiography" does not make me a world-renowned cardiologist.

As Gregory House says, "Everyone lies." You don't want to base a very serious decision which will impact you for the rest of your life on the comments from someone who is posting because they have no life and no clue and nothing better to do than to spend their time engaging in what amounts to bandwidth masturbation.

That's enough for now. Go enjoy your day. Class dismissed.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

crice
on 4/27/11 1:25 am - Crown City, OH
   Bette        
                                                                          Connie

psychomom
on 4/27/11 1:31 am - China Grove, NC
:D  again....LOVE IT !!!!

Bette B.
on 4/27/11 1:33 am
 Besides, I don't think I can swing the whole Queen/hat thing . . .although, I DO kind of like that last one.

The Queen wraps up during pheasant shoot at Sandringham
queeninside.jpg

Tarris
on 4/27/11 1:40 am
Personally, I'm a red feather kinda broad.

Stephanie M.
on 4/27/11 1:52 am
I you Bette...

[“Queen

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Bette B.
on 4/27/11 1:54 am
 Is that a Queen Bee? 

Stephanie M.
on 4/27/11 5:33 am
THE Queen Bee..

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Bette B.
on 4/27/11 1:56 am

Bette B.
on 4/27/11 2:14 am
 Maybe this is better?
QUEEN BEE OTCH

Most Active