Does regular medicare require a physician assisted diet

shellbell4955
on 4/28/11 8:39 am - GA
Does meducare require a physician assisted diet if so how long?  I have heard some ppl say there ins has them do a 6 month diet!!! I hope this si not the case

Shelley Belley
(deactivated member)
on 4/28/11 9:26 am - NY
well i have aetna and they require 6 months of supervised diet w/ your pcp... but my nursing coordinator says although they would love to see me lose 5-10lbs pre-op as it will make the surgeons job easier its not a neccesity.

SInce i started the process in Jan... ive been balancing back and forth between the same 10lbs loss and gain

but you should definitely inquire with your information... and dont be afraid to load them w/ questions... better for you to be well informed.
cathiec
on 4/28/11 10:08 am - Toms River, NJ
I am on medicare and I wasn't require a 6 month diet before hand. I hadmy done in july 2009
cathie

shellbell4955
on 4/28/11 10:31 am - GA
Cathiec what all test did they make u do? How long did it take from when u first saw your surgeon to your surgery date??

Shelley Belley
carla.h728
on 4/28/11 2:37 pm
I am on medicare and I am not required to do 6 month diet.  Surgery has to be done at a Center of Excellence, and I believe you have to have at least a 35 BMI with at least 1 comorbity?  Not positive on this, maybe someone else knows for sure, but I am positive on the 6 month diet.  I will have my surgery at the end of May. :)
Laurena
on 4/29/11 12:48 pm - Louisville, KY
I am on medicare and had no preop diet ..had surgery 3 month ago!

cathiec
on 5/1/11 9:58 am - Toms River, NJ
The center must met medicare center of excellance as far as thetest I had to go through they well nuclear stress test endoscopy breathing test sleep apnea psych also had to go for one nutrition class medicare will only pay for one if they require more than one make sure they bill it as part of the surgery otherwise youwill have to pay for it,
Cathie

Most Active