Burst My Bubble!!!

debbie H.
on 5/2/11 11:14 pm - AR
Don't know if you are familiar with CATOS clothing stores or not.  One side is misses, and the other is plus.  Well, armed with the confidence of one *****cently went from a women's 14-16 to (I thought) a misses 16, I went in ready to changes sides of the store.  The misses 16's were too tight to even zip.  So I went back to the plus side thinking maybe I'd stretched out my 14-16 womens (very possible).  But I just couldn't make myself try anything on.  Oh well, I'll try again in June.

LuciousLA & Babylapband
on 5/2/11 11:21 pm - Greenbelt, MD
Lap Band on 02/13/06 with

Different sizes are made different so they are going to fit you different, if I went by sizes I would be in a world of hurt. 

I can wear size 12, size 10 and even some size 8's and I have all all of those sizes, it just depend on who made them and their vanity sizing that they use. 

Get thee back into that store and try again.

crystal M.
on 5/3/11 12:35 am - Joliet, IL
A misses 16 is different than a plus size 16.  I found that out when I was ordering clothes online (which I do a lot).  Armed with my measurements I went to buy some jeans online.  I looked at the size chart and found out there is about a 2 inch difference between the two sizes.  That is a the case where ever I buy clothes online.   
Stephanie M.
on 5/3/11 12:39 am
That regular 16 should fit if you are wearing Plus 14 most of the time.  Plus sizes are cut differently and you can add a size to whatever the label says for an equivalent misses size...so a plus 14 is somewhat equivalent to a misses 16.  I recently did the same thing since I have some plus size 16 petite jeans (I have short legs) from Macy's that are getting too big...I went to the misses section and 18p fit, but not the 16p or regular.  Petites are cut smaller than regulars so are sort of in between sizes.  
One thing to remember is that since we have been (and I still am) obese, things are not going to fit us the same way they would if we had never been "chubby".  I think I am just going to get my 14's in the plus section and then "graduate" to the misses 14 when I lose another size...I shop the clearance at Macy's and last year in August got 3 prs of shorts for less than $20...they are all too big!  I will belt them up and wear them like capris...they are size 18.
Try washing your too big clothes in ho****er...might get you a couple of months more of use...then you can really splurge!
Hugs...Steph

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Most Active