Easy protein snack (or breakfast)

debbie H.
on 5/3/11 12:04 am, edited 5/3/11 6:26 am - AR
Now don't get me wrong, I do love eggs. And even before banding, protein stayed with me at breakfast longer than anything carb. But I do get tired of even the million ways I fix eggs. This was one of those mornings, so I thought, hmmm, maybe just turkey bacon. As I was looking through the meat drawer, I spotted my turkey pepperoni (few calories, fair amount of protein). You can have 17 pepperoni's for 70 calories and 7grams of protein. Spronkled 1/8 cup of mozzarella cheeze, 45 calories and 3.5 grams of protein. 30 seconds in the microwave, quick and delish. I had it for breakfast, but it would make a quick and easy snack too, as I know some of you can't eat breakfast. LF mozzarella cheese would even be more low calorie, I just didn't happen to have any. Just thought I'd share. 115 calories, 10.5 grams of protein.

Donnamarie
on 5/3/11 12:23 am - NY
Wow, that sounds amazingly yummy!  At this point, about 5 weeks out -- hell yeahh, TODAY -- I am still doing the protein drinks in the morning.  I may have to mix it up, even if it is just on weekends!

Thanks for the food tip!

"Accountability first to yourself, then nobody else matters"

Stephanie M.
on 5/3/11 12:28 am
That sounds great!  I've gone to 1/2 cup egg beaters (cholesterol, LDL and triglycerides are too high) and add some Hormel bacon bits (really lower fat than pan fried) and a half ounce of grated cheddar to my omelet...it is 100 calories and 16 grams protein...I get tired of it after a few days and just have some Kashi Go Lean berry crunch (3/8 cup) with 1/4 cup of Dannon light and fit vanilla yogurt...not as much protein, but keeps me full all morning!

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

debbie H.
on 5/3/11 6:30 am - AR
I may have to try the Kashi and yogurt too.  I do love yogurt, and crunchy just makes it better.  I go next month for my blood tests.  I may have to make some adjustments when I get the results, cause the surgen took me off my cholesterol meds.

Hermosa L
on 5/3/11 1:52 am
Sounds YUM but I think I'm the only person who can't eat turkey pepperoni it's just too chewy
but I love me some hewbrew national hot dogs I eat them in everything.. 40 calories each I chop up 2-3 cook it with some stir fry sauce, chili paste a little water and eat it over brown rice (steamfresh) and some edamane and I have fake good for you Chinese food.. or I chop them up and add a little eggs to it.. I have problems with egg too I have to eat it with something that has more of a bite.. I don't do well with any mushy food even mash potatoes LOL
Lisaizme
on 5/3/11 2:43 am - TX
OOOhhhh I just got 2 samples in the mail of boiled edamame by Calbee (the same folks who make the Snap Pea Crisps).. they're so good. .7oz/ 20gram package is 45 calories and I forget protein, I think it was 4 grams.   Very yummy.. tasted similar to boiled peanuts which I LOVE.
Lisa
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr

debbie H.
on 5/3/11 6:16 am - AR
I can eat soft or hard boiled eggs, but I have issues with scrambled eggs.  Isn't that wierd? 

Hermosa L
on 5/3/11 7:55 am
Nope thats me too.. the only way i can eat scramble is with hot dog or veggies in it or mix.. something to chew chew chew.. but plain scramble eggs stuckville.

Over Medium eggs fine and Hard boiled fine too LOL 
Lisaizme
on 5/3/11 2:41 am - TX
My easy breakfast that is not a protein drink and I can carry in the car has recently been a Dr. Kracker Pumpkin seed and cheddar Organic Artisan Cracker (100 calories & 5 grams protein) smeared with a laughing cow cheese wedge.  35 cal & 2 grams protein.. for a total of 135 calories, 7 grams protein.  So good and easy to eat while driving (at least where I live with not much traffic).

That holds me through 2 or 3 hours of workout until I get home and have 1/2 scoop of syntrax in crystal light.
Lisa
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr

steelerfan1
on 5/3/11 3:00 am
I get tired of eggs to so I end up having my dinner from the night before for breakfast lol.

I love cereal and I found Fiber One with antioxidants  Cereal that I love.  It has so much fiber in it that it really keeps me full for a good three hrs usually no longer then that though but I get hungry right around lunch time then so the timing works out perfect.

And it actually taste good lol .  there are days I will eat that when nothing else looks good or I just get plain bored with the same thing day after day lol

Debbie have you tried the Jimmy Dean D-lite bowls those are really good to . I will be taking them with me for camping this summer. It has eggs, a few tators, cheese and turkey sausage with 24 grams of protein in it . Makes a very quick breakfast if you are in a hurry and delish to .

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

Most Active