Vitamins

BandMeUp
on 5/5/11 8:57 pm - PA
I havent been very compliant with vitamins from the start. What are you guys taking. Do u recommend a bariatric vitamin or is over the counter fine? Let me know
Cant wait to meet the "New Me"  
Highest Weight  : 274lbs
Weight At Surgery: 264lbs

barbara314
on 5/5/11 10:02 pm
I tried various chewable multi-vitamins and the only ones that taste half way decent to me are the ones from Trader Joe's. 
~ Barbara

(deactivated member)
on 5/5/11 10:19 pm - Des Moines, IA
My surgeon has us take Flinstones complete.  All of my labwork has been normal, except for Vitamin A, so I take a Vit A in addition to the Flinstones.
Lisaizme
on 5/5/11 10:20 pm - TX
My surgeon and pcp say adult centrum chewables are fine for bandsters.  You can take bariatric versions if you want, but probably overkill.

I do use bariatric chewable calcium citrate.  Can't find a non-bariatric version of chewable citrate.
Lisa
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr

Jill P.
on 5/6/11 12:08 am - United Kingdom
Centrum has been proven to be one of the best, and I think if your going to take one it should be a good one. Some are utterly useless to be honest & just a waste of money.

XScubaKid
on 5/6/11 12:35 am

I tried the chewable from Bariatric Advantage and found the taste and texture disagreeable. I am now taking liquid Centrum.
HW: 358 | SW: 314 | CW: 299 | GW: 195 
5/31 - First time under 300 in 14 yrs~!!

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.  ~ Abraham Lincoln        
Most Active