6 Month check up and ANOTHER fill

SOCOCHIC1014
on 5/19/11 11:01 pm - Shady Side, MD
I went to my 6 month post op check up on Wednesday and my doctor said that I am doing well. He gave me another fill. I have had several so far. And this one seams to be good. My problem is that I now do not feel hungary, I just miss food :( I am addicted to food...so this has been tough. I am doing well so far 56 pounds down...

does anyone have any suggestions to help me not want to stuff my face....I have been trying to drink water when i think about food...but sometimes that doesnt help.

Thanks everyone for you on going help!

:)
(deactivated member)
on 5/20/11 12:19 am - Des Moines, IA
Congrats on losing 56 pounds!  Wow! 

Suggestions:
Go for a walk
Learn a new hobby
Crochet
Knit
Read
Volunteer
Drink something hot
Eat a small high protein snack
Spend time on OH
Clean out a drawer
Journal

Good luck!
Kristi
carol468
on 5/20/11 12:23 am
You're doing great, that's alot of weight.  I had my surgery Feb 11, 2011 and I've lost 25lbs.  I've had 2 fills, but I don't feel any restriction,  I am addicted to carbs, it's all that I crave,  I need to stop eating them and drink a protein shake when the urge to eat them comes.  Well, good luck to you...
debbie H.
on 5/20/11 1:28 am - AR
WOW!  56 pounds in 6 months.  I'm a little over 4 months out and working my butt off, exercise wise, and have lost a little over 30 lbs.  But I will have to say, that I  have some of the stuff I miss once or twice a week, so I don't feel deprived.  It slows your wt. loss down a bit, and I ONLY eat half (or less) of what I used to eat.  It works for me if I follow my rules.  Good Luck on your journey.

mommieof3kidz
on 5/21/11 9:40 am, edited 5/21/11 9:41 am - Coos Bay, OR
Congrats, that is awesome!

I'm just a little over 3 months post-op and was down 38lbs @ my check-up. I just weighed yesterday and according to that scale I'm down a total of 44lbs. We will see when I go back in on the 8th of June.

Keep up the GREAT work!!!

TANYA 
Banded - 02/17/2011 * HW - 210 * BW - 207 * CW - 135 * GW - 130 (happy where I am)
NO Pre-Op Diet - ALL Weight Lost Has Been Since WLS!!!
NO Fills Given - Working With An EMPTY Band * Updated 02/19/2012
BA - 12/16/2011 - Large A to DD's :)

Most Active