depression

cathiec
on 5/23/11 1:05 pm - Toms River, NJ
I having being on in a while but am having severe problems with my neck They are going to try
sometrhing else on June 8 so hopefully this does the trick
Also my sister has being  very sick she had emergency surgery on april 12 she is not doing well
she going back to dr on Wed Hopefullly we will get some answers and know where we stand
The stress is really getting to me even with all this I am able to still lose weight 5 more lbs
 I have two questions one does anyone have problems receiving compliments I don't know how response it is still hard for me to accept them not used to get them
nUMBER 2 Is your goal weight different than your dr mydr doesn't want me to go much below 145 I want to go to 135 I am unsure of whar to do I am 5'2 any advice would be apprecate SORRY about going on like this
Cathie

robinespeland
on 5/23/11 1:33 pm - OR
Hi Cathie-

I'm sorry for your health problems and you sister's siuation. Sounds very stressful, I am so glad you are still doing ok with your weight. Hang it there.

J J.
on 5/23/11 2:36 pm - Longmont, CO
Hi Cathie ~ 
Don't be sorry - this is what the forum is for!

Sounds like you are dealing with a lot, and as we all know, the stress has a direct impact on our weight loss efforts. I'll say a prayer for you & for your sister - I sure hope things get better for you both.

Regarding your questions - yes, receiving compliments does take some getting used to, especially if you are used to people not being as nice. I have definitely noticed a difference - especially from men. I don't know about you, but for me, my mind needs to catch up to my body - I still have a tendancy to "see" myself as my old self.

I can relate about the goal weight also, as I am only 4'10", only it's not my dr. but everyone else telling me I shouldn't lose too much more - the high end of the weight range for me is 115, and I want to make sure I'm well within that. I think you should do what makes you feel the best - as long as it's healthy.

I hope you let us know how things work out for you & your sister.

Julia

(deactivated member)
on 5/23/11 10:07 pm - Des Moines, IA
Hi Cathie,
I think just saying thanks to the compliments is best.  I have found when the weight loss slows down near goal, the compliments slow down and that's okay.  I think people are trying to give support by commenting etc.
Goal weight, my surgeon's goal weight was higher than what I wanted.  I had a goal weight that I made and I ended up changing it to a higher number.  I decided after two years of trying to lose weight, it was time to tell myself that it's okay where I'm at.  All of my labs are normal, I'm exercising 5-7 hours a week, I feel GREAT, I think I look good, so I set my goal at 169.  Whatever number I end up at ( lower than 169 or at 169 is GREAT )  It's a mental game with myself and it feels good.  Don't worry about the exact number, you will know what feels good when you get there.  I was trying for 149 to get to the 24.9 BMI. 
Kristi
vlp1968
on 5/24/11 6:31 am
As far as compliments I have become comfortable with the phrase "thank you for noticing". Sometimes I also say "I have been working hard". As already said, the compliments will slow down. You may even find you miss them. Keep up the good work and sorry about your troubles.
cathiec
on 5/24/11 12:06 pm - Toms River, NJ
Thanks everyone for their support It is great how everyone is always hear to help each other. I know from the past   I always get the help I need here and it not always a negative forum that some people experience Thanks once again for listening
Cathie

Most Active