Slipped???

fairy_kissez
on 5/25/11 8:32 am - Albuquerque, NM
Yesterday I had all the fluid removed from my band because I became super tight and could barely eat anything. Then when I did eat I would become nauseated. I still feel sick when I eat and dont have an appetite at all. I also had heartburn which seems to have resolved today 24hours later. I have an appointment for an upper GI in the morning to check for a slip. I am struggling with getting in enough calories and protein.

I have decided that if it has slipped then I want it out. This is not a pleasant experience for me. I guess I'm just writing because I am scared, frustrated and need some support. Has anyone on here suffered from a slip and what was the outcome.

Thanks,

Jen

lapband in 2008 at 298lbs , lowest weight was 183lbs , Band almost killed me and removed in 2011. No revison because to much damage for revision.

Anti Lap-band advocate!

(deactivated member)
on 5/25/11 10:22 am - Mayville, NJ
 I have not suffered a slip and I hope you have not either. I hope its something simple and fixable. I just saw it had been awhile since you posted and wanted to sorta reach out to you and pat your hand virtually. It sounds like your doctor is right on top of things so try hard to remain calm. Worrying wont change the outcome no mater how much we try...but I know thats easier typed than done.

Please let us know how you do and know we're thinking of you and hoping to hear from you
(deactivated member)
on 5/25/11 11:47 am - San Diego, CA
I am so sorry you are dealing with these problems with your band.  It does sound, however, that your doctor is on the ball with helping you to figure this thing out, whatever it may be.

You know your body, so if you feel removing your band will produce the greatest long-term outcome for your particular situation, well then you have to do what you have to do.

Regardless, I really hope you feel better soon!  Please know that I am here to support you.  Hugs...

melly37
on 5/25/11 11:55 am - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12
Awe, Jen!!  Glad we had a chance to talk, earlier!!  You have a kick-ass (and sexy) doctor!!  I think your band is okay, but your body has been through a lot lately.  Take a deeeeeeeep breath and know that many of us are praying for you!! 

LapBand Surgery 01/10/08, Revison to Sleeve 04/03/12

Hislady
on 5/25/11 1:45 pm - Vancouver, WA
You aren't alone hon, lots of us have the same problem. I had mine emptied about a month ago for the same reason, just too uncomfortable to deal with every day. I'm gonna leave mine unfilled as long as I'm not gaining weight. I don't even care if I lose anymore, I just don't want to gain if I can help it. I think I'd even settle for gaining before I had it filled again. Hang in there and maybe look into a revision.
robinespeland
on 5/25/11 1:45 pm - OR
Hi Jen-

My band slipped about a year ago. They took all my fill out for about 6 weeks and it re-adjusted itself. Hang in there it does sound like your dr. knows what he is doing.

Keep us posted.

Grider
on 5/26/11 1:05 pm - Clearwater, FL
I am reading the posts and I thought they had improved the surgery to avoid the slippage.  I can't rem the procedures names, but I printed them  out to ask the Dr when I go.
jennitho21
on 5/25/11 3:13 pm - Fort Huachuca, AZ
I am sorry to hear you are going through this. I had alot of problems with my band....had alot of success too. I had a slip and had surgery to have it repositioned and then it slipped again less than 6 months later. Unfortunately we had moved and the surgeon absolutely refused to reposition it. One he got into my belly i already had a tremendous amount of ischemia present so he elected to remove it. I asked to have a new one put in a few months later and they would not do it because of my history of slippage so I just had mine converted to a VSG on monday. So far I am 3 days post op and all is well. WE will see. Already there is a huge difference in the amount I can drink I can only take sips at  a time of fluid so we will see how it all progresses. I hope all goes well for you.
  SW-276/CW-182/GW-150
Most Active