Weight Gain after Clears

MsJabel
on 5/27/11 5:01 am - PA

I'm two weeks in and when I went for my followup I was a total of 30lbs down from pre and post op. Now that Im off clears and on to solids, I decided to weigh myself and Ive gained 4lbs!!!...Why!! what the heck did I do wrong? I thought I was still supposed to be losing.

barbara314
on 5/27/11 6:08 am
You're still healing.  Losing weight is not the priority right now, healing is.  Your body is recovering from the surgery, plus you haven't had solid food in weeks.  I gained 5lbs when I first started solids.  Be patient, it will come off. 
~ Barbara 

Shirley-In-Bama
on 5/27/11 7:41 am - morris, AL
What you are going through is perfectly normal. I also had a gain after I went on solids. Just keep following your band rules and get some exercise each day and those pounds will disappear along with many, many more. Congrats  on your surgery!!
**********Southern Born and Southern Bred**********
90 Pounds Gone!!!
JNeary4
on 5/28/11 11:33 am - Medford, NY
Great question. I had my band sugery on 5/23/11 and I'm down 6lbs since surgery but I was NERVOUS about going back to solids. even though I'm hungry, lol. Thanks ladies. Also once we are able to workout other than walking. we should both be fine.  Good Luck!!

Most Active