issues with soft foods?

Brittnie S.
on 5/30/11 11:50 am - NV
So I am just over 2 years post op and over the last few months I have started having problems eating soft foods, ie: protien shakes, eggs, yogurt, sf jello, sf pudding, smoothies and when I do they almost feel like they are getting stuck for  a second and then go down... any ideas on what causes this and if I might need an unfil?

Hislady
on 5/30/11 11:55 am - Vancouver, WA
Many of us are finding that after a year or 2 that our bands seem to tighten on their own and we end up having to get a bit of an unfill. This may be what is happening to you, it can't hurt to get a tiny bit out and see if it helps. Good luck to you!
bubblesrn
on 5/30/11 10:55 pm
Lap Band on 02/22/08 with
sometimes that happens to me when I get careless and eat them mindlessly.  I take too big of a spoonful and shovel it down. When I take the time to enjoy them and eat them with a teaspoon instead of a tablespoon, they go down better.  If you are eating the softer foods slowly and taking small bites, yes, it sounds like you need to check in with your sugeons office and maybe get a slight unfill.

Good luck to you!
Jan

all the weight has been lost post-op..I LOVE MY BAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

highest weight: 333 pounds (I know I gained after my last "weigh in" in the doctors office so probably it's more like 340 pounds)
current weight: 151 pounds (7/12/11)
I've been at goal (165 pounds) for 6 months now and now on maintence.  I tend to go up and down depending on time of the month and such! 

Lisa O.
on 5/31/11 5:25 am - Snoqualmie, WA
Did you have an upper GI at your 2 year anniversary?  If not, it would probably be a good year.  My surgeon does them once a year post op.  I sometimes have issues with soft foods but usually only if they are too cold.  It would be worth your peace of mind to have it checked and/or get a tiny unfill.

Best~
Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

Most Active