Just got really freaked out!!!

doreen513
on 6/20/11 1:49 am - PA
I don't know why I went and looked at the one forum here, I guess just looking around.  There are alot of people who say the lap band was the biggest mistake of their life.  Some are having so many problems, one is life threatening!!!!  I am so confused!!   Is anyone here sorry that they got it?  why do I read stuff that does not pertain to me?? I just had my band revised bacause I had a hiatal hernia.  Did I make a mistake???

marypatf
on 6/20/11 2:00 am
Nobody can tell you if you made a mistake but you. 

How has your band been for YOU? 
How have YOU felt?  If you are satisfied with YOUR progress, and your band, do not worry what other people say..
Everyone makes their decisions for personal reasons and everyone's experience is different.

I have had my band for 1 and 1/2 years. No issues. I chose the band for me because I did not want to change the way food was digested. 
I also wanted something that, if need be, could be removed..or adjusted..

HW-272, PreOp Diet Start-269, SurgWeight-256,                                               CurrentWeight 189. 

Phyllis C.
on 6/20/11 2:02 am
This new band may work very well for you.  Did you have the hernia repaired?  That could make a big difference.

I am glad I revised to the sleeve after the band didn't work out for me.  I had a hard time with the band from the beginning in one way or another, and I just didn't want to take any chances on going through that again. I also had a hiatal hernia with the band.

Work with what you have and hopefully it will work out.

Phyllis
"Me agreeing with you doesn't preclude you from being a deviant."

(deactivated member)
on 6/20/11 2:09 am - ~Somewhere in~, PA
I dunno...I am sitting here going on 6 years post op and just ordered my lunch before I go into a long meeting today and I can hardly finish 1 yummy chicken strip and a few bites of cantaloupe, that is what my band has done and IS still doing for me 6 years complication free, I eat what I want I just can't eat much.

As long as you following your post op diet TO ALLOW YOUR BAND TO HEAL...and then progress to solids per your surgeons instructions and wait to get filled AFTER YOUR SIX WEEKS appointment and don't get aggressive fills, and be TRUTHFUL to your surgeon on how tight your band is...and exercise, drink your water, take your vits, and follow your eating rules...YOU HAVE NO WORRIES.....good luck
(deactivated member)
on 6/20/11 2:15 am - Des Moines, IA
You can learn from others and that the band is not perfect, things can go wrong.  BUT what you need to do is to do your part in keeping your band safe.  There are people that had the band and they had just plain bad luck.  They did NOTHING wrong and the band didn't work or even did some damage, AND there are some that ate more than they should have and stretched their pouch or esophagus or they repeatedly threw up or kept their band too tight letting their band stop them from eating more.  I could go on and on.  It's up to you to follow your surgeon's eating progression and amounts once on a regular diet.  It's up to you to exercise. It's up to you to try your best.  And hopefully with your repaired hiatal hernia the band will work great for you.

I love my band and the health it has given back to me.  No WLS is perfect, you have the band, be aware of possible problems and make the most of a  tool that can be wonderful.  Freaking out isn't going to help you.  Work your tool!
(deactivated member)
on 6/20/11 2:20 am - ~Somewhere in~, PA
Lisaizme
on 6/20/11 4:43 am - TX
What Tetrarose posted is perfect.

Relax and work with the tool you have. 

No, I'm not sorry I got banded.. it has helped me change my life for the better.
Lisa
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." Reinhold Niebuhr

doreen513
on 6/20/11 7:00 am - PA
Thanks all!!  I feel more at ease now.  I don't know why I read things.  I guess we all do.  Thanks again!!!!!

Most Active