Feeling really out of control!!

MizzRI
on 6/27/11 11:00 pm - Charlestown, RI
So, I am 6 months post-op and I have lost 37lbs....which is great....BUT, I have been stuck at this weight since 2 months post-op!!!  But, to no fault of the band....it has been completely my own doing and Im so frustrated with myself I could SCREAM!!!!!!  Just as I have always done with any diet I have ever done in my life, when I start feeling good about the weight I have lost and start getting the compliments, I feel that I can slack off a little and then that litte bit starts to get out of control.  I have been gaining and losing the same 4-5 lbs for the last four months!

Thing is, I know what I am suppose to be doing but Im not doing it.  The reason why I am posting here about it today is because I feel I need some sort of accountability for it I guess.  I have started to eat really bad things......although I dont eat big portions of anything (although its more than the 1cup I am suppose to have), I am still eating things that could potentially harm me and my band and Im starting to freak out about it.  For example,  I have had pizza, sandwiches with regular bulky rolls, and worst of all.....SODA!!!  I am so upset with myself for being so weak and not being able to stop myself from making the bad choices and feeling so guilty as soon as I have finished consuming my bad choices.  

I feel so out of control with this crap.  I cannot understand for the life of me how I can want something SO BADLY in my life yet sabotage the effort to get there!!!  It has plagued me all of my life.

I read Jeans Bandwagon newsletter today and it prompted me to post this and try to get myself back on track.  I am feeling really tight the past couple of days and I dont know if its due to stress (Ive had ALOT of stress the past few weeks) or if its because Im irritating my stomach.  I think Im going to stick to mushies for the next few days and see if that helps.

Sorry for rambling....kinda just needed to get that out here.  Thanks for listening!

Evelyn M.
on 6/28/11 2:03 am - United Kingdom
Hiya, I am completely with you and I know exactly what you are going through, I have the exact same problem! No need for any great advise like, don't eat pizza but salad instead (guess you know that just as well as I do...)BUT: be supercareful with the soda. What you really, really need to cut out is the soda. You are damaging not your band, but yourself, your pouch. When you open the next can of soda you should think about if this is really worth it. Somebody posted a few months ago about a bandster who was Coke addicted and they actually saw on the scan how the pouch got stretched and was overlapping-because of soda! It is one thing to not lose weight, but to physically damage yourself for a glass of soda? Not worth it, is it?
what is your goal, how much do you want to lose? Have you ever been slim? I try to motivate myself differently: People make me compliments now as well, but still far over 200 pound, I can guess I don't look like a model. If people who know me describe me to people who don't know me, I don't want to be described as "the chubby one" or "the fat one over there". Unfortunately this is the first thing you see and I want people to describe me as the one with the dark hair, the one with the red top or whichever. Maybe it would help you to acknowledge the compliments you get, but also to think about the things you don't hear? I know that helps me.

evelyn :)
Roll on weight loss!

vlp1968
on 6/28/11 7:14 am
Are you working out? If your not, I highly reccomend you start. Not only does it do wonders for weight loss, there is something about it that helps with food choices. At least it does for me. I think it may give you a sense of control over your body. My other piece of advice is to take a minute in the morning and plan what you will eat for that day, and approximatly what time. I do this and find it very useful for staying in control. You will know when your next snack or meal is coming, and what it will be. I hope this helps and keep us posted on how you are doing. We are here for you!
doreentalbot
on 7/2/11 8:36 am - Brighton, CO
When my band is right, I just can't eat anything like pizza, etc or even enough to gain weight.  I think you need an adjustment to where you are satisfied with a few bites.  I get sick if I eat anymore than that.  I have lost 100 lbs on the lapband over the past year.  I was stuck at around 40 lbs for a while but got my band adjusted again and have been losing steadily ever since.  If your doctor is not helping you , find another one.
Most Active