Almost to the two year mark!

Kim U.
on 7/2/11 11:50 am
Wow what a great couple of years this has been with my band. I don't get on here nearly enough anymore and every time I do I am reminded why I came here in the first place. Now maybe it is my turn to pay it forward and let you newbies know what life 2yrs later is like.

I wouldn't say I'm the best sucess story but I am my own sucess story! My heightst personal weight was well over 300lbs and I'm currently hoovering around 205. Some might still think oh no she is still over 200lbs but I am 5'8" and fit in NORMAL size clothing. Shopping has got to be one of the best things about loosing the weight. I was a chubby kid, teenager and Adult so it wasn't until last year that I even got to the normal sizes. It seems each time I go shopping I get brave enough to try another new store! Just yesterday I went to New York and co for the first time and thought after trying on XL shirts left with a L shirt! For me that is an amazing feeling because I remember when I would try on the XL and leave with nothing because I couldn't even get my arms into it. 

I have an amazing amount of energy now too. I enjoy working out most days and I've done 2 half marathons and many many 5K! I'm not fast but I do them and enjoy the bragging rights it gives me. I'm now one of those girls at work that workouts at lunch. People have seen my transformation and ask me for weight loss advice often. I'm so happy to help others and feel so proud that they have noticed the hard work I've put into this. 

We all have struggles and eat more than we ever thought we would after getting the band. But a big part of this path is to remember to forgive yourself, move past it and not let it keep you down. If we wanted to we all could come up with 10019293 reasons to eat badly or too much. Just have to remember those 3 or 4 main reasons you chose to get the band before you cave to the 10019293 reasons to give up. 
cristie2000
on 7/2/11 12:02 pm
 Good for you!  You have a lot to be proud of yourself for.  I pray I have the same success that you have when I get to the two year mark.  Way to go and keep up the good work!
 “Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.? ~Theodore Roosevelt

(deactivated member)
on 7/2/11 1:00 pm - Des Moines, IA
Congrats Kim!  It's just an amazing journey to better health!  I will hit 2 years in a week.  The time goes by so fast.  Today I went back and looked at my 'blogs" here on OH and wrote a 2 year blog.  My life is so much better now.

I'm impressed with you doing 2 half marathons...WOW!!!!!!  and 5Ks!

I'm so happy for you,
Kristi
carol468
on 7/3/11 5:18 am
You're doing super great. I hope to have as much sucess as you...congratulations!!!
LisaCultJam
on 7/4/11 1:15 am
Awesome work!  So proud of your accomplishments! 
        2011 goal                                  It works if you work it!  

Kim U.
on 7/4/11 8:42 am
thanks everyone
Most Active