depresses

doreen513
on 7/7/11 5:59 am - PA
I am so depressed and have no clue why!! I have been sitting here all day doing NOTHING!! I just want to sit and cry.  It has nothing to do with my surgery, I have no clue what is going on with me.  I sat and ate all day long.  I need a kick in the butt I guess.  I guess I will go and take a nap or something. 
Hope all of you are having a good day!

(deactivated member)
on 7/7/11 6:05 am - Des Moines, IA
Sorry you are having a down day.  Does this happen frequently?  If so, you might want to contact your PCP and discuss this with him.

I find if I'm having a down day, I will go for walk and I always feel better. 

You stated you ate all day long...   Is your band at a good fill level?  Are you eating sliders or dense protein?  

I hope you get to feeling better!
Kristi
cristie2000
on 7/7/11 6:23 am
 I am not for sure if this is a daily thing or not, but I had the same thing.  Mine was on day to day basis for the most part shortly after surgery.  I finally talked to my surgeon about it at one of my post-op appointments and they put me on medication.  It has helped me ten fold.  They said it is very common after surgery.
 “Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.? ~Theodore Roosevelt

got2wantit
on 7/7/11 7:33 am
Hi...I see that you are 2 years out from your surgery now. Have you been successful with your band? Don't be discouraged if you haven't because you can still get back on the bandwagon. We are all here to support you. I would first see my PCP. A year ago I felt like you and thought that I was going to have a nervous breakdown. My PCP told me what she thought that it was, but had bloodword drawn to make sure. Well she was correct. I was severely Vitamin D deficient. As soon as my levels start to improve I felt like a new woman. Even though I live in the Sunshine state I wear sunscreen to prevent aging and skin cancers. The whole point of this is that it could be something really simple causing you to feel this way. First step see your PCP and second your surgeon to be evaluated for a fill. Please let us know how you are doing since we all have the same goal.
Got2want it - Lena        
Tarris
on 7/7/11 8:31 am
Doreen, I'm so sorry you're having a tough time.  Depression is so tough.  You don't need a kick in the butt...you need some caring and some help   If it lasts more than a few days force yourself to go see your doc.  My thoughts are with you.

vlp1968
on 7/7/11 8:57 am
Sorry you are down.  Sounds like it came on all of a sudden.  I think it may go just as suddenly.  If you are still severly deppressed in the next couple days I would see a doctor for sure.  A psychiatrist may be a better option than your PCP- they know so much more about this type of thing.  Don't let the "stigma" of it keep you from getting the best help you can.  Keep us posted on how your doing.
sesmith
on 7/7/11 10:16 am
 Sometimes we need a down day. And we don't always know why. I called out sick a few weeks ago. I just couldn't get out of bed. During that extra day off, I figured out it was side effects from a new med I was on. It took stopping the world to figure it out. If the depression continues, talk to your PCP. Or could it be pre-menstral? I used to have a terrible time the week before my period. sometimes, not every month. As soon as I got it, I felt fine, except for the cramps, lol. Hope this passes for you.
doreen513
on 7/8/11 2:54 am - PA
Thanks everyone! Actually I had my band revised June of this year.  I had a hernia repair and he revised the band too. I am on depression meds.  Have been for awhile but I just get these days and it hits me like a ton of bricks. I guess it is something that I have to work thru.  Thank You all of you for your kind words.
Doreen

got2wantit
on 7/8/11 9:37 am
Doreen....Having taken meds for depression and anxiety myself I do truly understand how bad it can be.  The days of wanting to cry all day can be unbarable at times.  I have no idea of your age or if you still have your periods, but for myself on those few days each month when the PMS kicks in without warning I require extra medication for what I call those break through periods.  Please talk to your Doctor that you currently get your meds from.  One last thing, after I got my band I had to increase the dosage of my medication because enough was not being absorbed by my system and this could be your problem.  I really do hate it that you are sad and I want to hear in a few days that you went to your Doctor and you are feeling better.  Please let us hear from you.  Sending you a Hug.
got2wantit
on 7/9/11 12:30 am
Doreen...Are you feeling any better today?  Please keep us updated.  
Most Active