Slip sliding! Help!

Peggy P.
on 7/16/11 1:02 pm - Canyon Country, CA
Hey gang! I have been a bander for gosh... 4 years.. lost 115 pounds.. love my band.. But have been really having problems lately.. Appetite is re emerging.. Struggling with sugar (again).. just bad eating habits trying to reassert themselves.  i had an unfill a month ago ( I was too tight) and now I am TOO HUNGRY.. I am going back for an adjustment in a couple of days..  But I don't want to gain all this weight back. I have worked to hard.  (i even had a tummy tuck last year!)  I just wish I didn't have problems with food... but sigh I do.   Any suggestions? Encouragement?  Thanks!!

This is the Day the Lord has made. Rejoice and be glad in it!

kathkeb
on 7/16/11 3:05 pm
I joined WW about 6 weeks post op and I still attend (now at goal and maintaining) -- so, I have to weigh in at least once a month to remain in 'good standing' -- that helps to keep me accountable.

I also made a list before surgery -- 25 Reasons I Am Having Surgery --

I take that list out at least once a week, and I read it to remind myself why I started this journey.
Maybe it is time for you to make that list for yourself ---- remind yourself why you did this -- and why you want to stay where you are.

Remember the 'band basics'

No drinking with eating
No liquid calories (except for low-fat milk)
Protein with every meal
Get plenty of water between meals (wait 30 - 60 minutes after eating)
Kath

Peggy P.
on 7/17/11 3:15 am - Canyon Country, CA
All good suggestions!  I have been thinking about WW... just a re training of my eating habits.. and I do have my blogs from when I had the surgery.. I think I will go back and read them!! Duh!  Thanks for the response!!

This is the Day the Lord has made. Rejoice and be glad in it!

Most Active