Getting surgery today in 7 hours!

Mahana
on 7/18/11 9:39 pm - AZ

So the months of waiting and anticipation has all built up to this moment..the calm before the storm. i've contemplated WLS for over a decade and today I'm going in. I've been on all liquids for nine days now and it has given me a chance to really analyze my life style and choices. My sleeping is so different...where I would go to bed at 6-7 AM and wake up at 4PM..I now go to bed 8-9pm and wake up at 4-4:30AM. My energy level is sky high and I am rebuilding that relationship with my husband and kids that food addiction had stripped away. All of those life altering changes BEFORE the surgery....if this is any inclination of what life will be like or can be...then BRING IT ON!

Please say a little prayer for me this morning and see you on the other side of the The Band

-The wife of Johnny Lingo-    
Lifebeauty
on 7/18/11 9:50 pm
I do pray Mahana that your surgery is a successful one and that you come through it w/o complications.  The rest will all depend on you.  The band not a power tool.  You really have to work it.  Not too tight, not too lose, paying close attention to the signals it gives you.  If you follow the directions it can work well for and with you.  Things do happen but if caught in time they can be corrected.  With all this said, I am happy for you and wish you the best of success with your band.  I am happy with mind and still working to perfect it and me.  Welcome
Z

With  I will succeed.
HW: 280 - LW: 190 - GW - 180  
Unfilled 8/15/11 - WT:  209
1st Fill 11/29/11 - WT: 215.5 - 3cc
2/20/12 - New Goal - Get n Onederland
2nd Fill 4/26/12 - WT: 224.0 - 3cc
Z

Mahana
on 7/18/11 10:03 pm - AZ
thank you for your possitve words and energy
Vivian Prouty
on 7/18/11 10:10 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 Mahana.......saying prayers for you to have a problem free surgery and much success with your lapband.    As the other poster said....do what your doc says and have patience.   The band does work as do the other WLS....just a little slower process in getting the weight off.   Remember that all the WLS are nothing more than "tools" and we all have to work hard and make wise choices to be a success !!!!  I know you will do well....you have the right attitude !!!  Good luck sweetie and I and others look forward to updates on  you.    

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Mahana
on 7/18/11 11:26 pm - AZ

Thank you Vivian.

barbara314
on 7/18/11 11:38 pm
Hi Mahana,
I'll be praying for you today that all goes well.  If you haven't already left for the hospital, you may want to bring a pillow with you for the ride home.  It will make the ride so much better.

Sending lots of vibes your way...  Go get 'em!!!
~ Barbara 

Mahana
on 7/19/11 10:52 am - AZ
Thank u. Read your post 3 min before I left..so glad I did!!! It really helped a lot!
steelerfan1
on 7/18/11 11:44 pm
Good luck you will be just fine :o)

Remember walk walk and walk as soon as they tell you can . I was out of bed within 30 min of getting back to my room.  I walked till I got tired of walking the first 24 hrs. I really think that is what saved me from getting the gas and shoulder pains you hear others talking about.

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

Mahana
on 7/19/11 11:02 am - AZ
On July 19, 2011 at 6:44 AM Pacific Time, steelerfan1 wrote:
Good luck you will be just fine :o)

Remember walk walk and walk as soon as they tell you can . I was out of bed within 30 min of getting back to my room.  I walked till I got tired of walking the first 24 hrs. I really think that is what saved me from getting the gas and shoulder pains you hear others talking about.

Am home now....walked at hospital...walked at grocery store to pick up pain prescription. Had pain aweful!!!
looking4hope
on 7/19/11 12:25 am
Saying a prayer for you. May God guide your docs hands.
Highest 317 6/1 start pre-op diet312 6/15 2 days before surgery303 6/22 5 days post-op296  6/28 11 days post-op  290 7/5 18 days post-op 288 8/19 10 weeks post-op 278 9/10 274 11/6 268 2/18 257 3/26 249 5/14 237

Most Active