Therapy

Bellasarrah
on 7/26/11 11:40 pm - NY
I was banded on 02/15/11 and I thought I had done all my research before hand and that I was prepared for the new me...I have had one fill back in June and I havent had another and its July I feel that there is something stopping me from becoming the ME I know I can be that I am meant to be. I have scheduled a fill for August 3rd and I will go. I think also that I  cant seem to wrap my mind around saying goodbye to food...it has always been there for me. I know I cant eat like before and maybe I am mourning that if that is possible. Has anyone gone to therapy to help them over the hurdle?
Sheneka
on 7/27/11 2:20 am - Helena, AL

I am preop  in the 6 month physician monitored diet that I have to complete for insurance approval. I know that I have some deep issues with food. I also have watched a ton of youtube videos about labband success and what I have noticed is that the successful lapbanders follow the rules and control what they eat. I knew that changing  10 years of poor eating habits would be hard to break. I have been seeing a counselor for several months now, and I feel that it will really make a difference with how successful my surgery will be.

Learn as if you are going to Live  Forever, Live as if you are going to Die Tomorrow... Gandhi
h3ll0k1ttyfr34k
on 7/27/11 5:19 am - NY

You should look into going to some type of support group in your area. I'm sure there's bound to be other people who are having a similar problem. Knowing that someone else is having the same issue as you helps you to feel less singled out...you should google to see what there is in the area

cathiec
on 7/27/11 7:06 am - Toms River, NJ
 I am in therpy and it helps!

vlp1968
on 7/27/11 8:42 am
I believe really anybody could benefit from therapy. I think it will be very helpfull in controling your eating. You will learn healthy ways of dealing with stress and emotions. Go for it!
Yes, you are probably mourning the loss of certain foods, that is completely normal. That's great you are getting a fill, hope it helps.
donnamy3sons
on 7/27/11 6:45 pm - Pinetops, NC
Revision on 08/13/13
I absolutely mourned not being able to eat my old foods! It is the end of your old life as you knew it, comfortable and familiar. It was so scary to step out into something new and unknown but hang in there! I believe I am an addict my drug of choice FOOD! The only difference in me and a heroine addict is that I have to eat everyday:) I would say yes on the therapy....good luck on your journey....you can do this! I have lost 85 lbs and it has been so worth it.....

Most Active