Lap Band is GONE!

LAGORDITA
on 8/5/11 11:38 am
The band came out on Monday morning at 9am and I was home by 4pm. Dr. Dakin at NY Presbyterian did an awesome job! I have 7 incisions and one of them is in my belly button. The first and second day were extremely painful and i was taking the pain killers every 4 hours on the hour.

Today Friday I was able to go for a walk to the drugstore 3 blocks from my apartment. I walked slow and easy and made it with just a small light headed episode.

I am so glad to be rid of the band! The left arm pain that plagued me for 4 years is gone!!! such a relief!

I have post-op on August 23rd and  I find out the damage to my esophagus and if i will ever be able to eat solid foods again. I'm on liquids for the next few days then onto mushies, then for a GI and we'll see the change in my life.

Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes, I made it!!

Oh, I will not be revising to anything else in the future. I can't go through this one more time. It hurts way too much!
Cheryl N.
on 8/5/11 11:44 am - Des Moines, WA
I had the band out Monday too and revised to bypass. 

I am still in pain but recovering.    Sometimes I have those moments wondering what did I get myself into? 

My shoulder pain is way down too! YAY! 
I see my surgeon on Monday. 

I am so sorry about your issues, though .  What's happening, that sounds scary about not being able to eat solids again! yikes!

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

soulsister
on 8/5/11 2:16 pm - NY
Glad its out! Mine was removed 3 weeks ago. No more BS with eating. Having 7 incisiins yours must have been more involved than mine (i had 3. ).
Oh yes, my left rib pain is gone! It's a miracle what having removal can do especially Since there are so many problems. I think out bodies freak out having a plastic tube wrapped around our stomachs...not natural at all.
I'v never felt so great. 3 yrs too long for me. Hope you recover quick!
Cheryl N.
on 8/5/11 11:26 pm - Des Moines, WA
On August 5, 2011 at 9:16 PM Pacific Time, soulsister wrote:
Glad its out! Mine was removed 3 weeks ago. No more BS with eating. Having 7 incisiins yours must have been more involved than mine (i had 3. ).
Oh yes, my left rib pain is gone! It's a miracle what having removal can do especially Since there are so many problems. I think out bodies freak out having a plastic tube wrapped around our stomachs...not natural at all.
I'v never felt so great. 3 yrs too long for me. Hope you recover quick!
Soulsister, what did you revise to?

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

soulsister
on 8/6/11 1:58 am - NY
I am waiting for insurance approval for revision to sleeve aug 22 nd should know next week
Happy Girl
on 8/7/11 3:05 pm - CA
Good luck on your ins approval. The sleeve is a dream come true!

5'6"
  Dr.  Gregg Jossart  

Nic M
on 8/5/11 3:09 pm
I'm so relieved for you. I hope you heal up well and feel much better soon!

I'm truly happy for you that you're on your way to feeling better.

~ Nicci

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Ms_Swoosh
on 8/5/11 10:46 pm - Indian Trail, NC
I am sorry things were  so bad for you but happy that things are looking up for you now and you are doing well, wish you a speedy recovery :)

Swoosh
I am a work in progress...perhaps never completed or perfected; but forever working to change for the better...
~Swoosh
   August 2012   New Dr.... New Start... Dr. David Voellinger        

(deactivated member)
on 8/5/11 11:37 pm - Califreakinfornia , CA
I'm soooo happy for you

My band was removed 73 days ago.
marypatf
on 8/6/11 1:19 am
 Wow I am glad you got it done.. I am sorry you had to go through all this. Hope you feel better soon!!

HW-272, PreOp Diet Start-269, SurgWeight-256,                                               CurrentWeight 189. 

Most Active