State of GA no longer covering wls for employees 2012

LaShelle2
on 8/13/11 2:32 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
this was posted on GA forum and I thought it was worthy of sharing

It sounds like the state health plan for GA is going to discontinue coverage of bariatric surgery in 2012...

http://www.georgiahealthnews.com/2011/08/state-health-plan-l aunches-premium-kids/#more-12743

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

LaShelle2
on 8/13/11 2:50 am - STOCKBRIDGE, GA
I also wanted to add, I am not sure if they will pay for band fills, revisions, maintenance? Emergencies like a port flip or erosion? Would you just be on your own now?

If someone can find this out, would you please PM me or post on the GA forum so I can pass the info along to my support group.

**** I AM AN OH SUPPORT GROUP LEADER ****
WHY I CHOSE DS: 
No dumping.  Highest percentage of weight loss, Best long term results,  Won't regain weight!  Eat normal sized meals,  96% diabeties, 90% high blood pressure, 80% sleep apnea cured.                                    I  MY DS!
My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there were three other people.    ~Orson Wells  

MARIA F.
on 8/13/11 6:18 am - Athens, GA

This is so sad! I am in shock that they are doing this to all their employees. Question though. Is GA still paying for WLS for Medicaid? If that is the case...........seems like those that work are being penalized! :-(

FormerlyFluffy.com

(deactivated member)
on 8/13/11 10:47 am
 My sister is a county employee in north GA - her insurance does not cover anything regarding her band anymore. It changed for her this year. I'm not sure what it will cover if there is a failure of the band. 
Most Active