Second post-op checkup and fill

veenie73
on 8/18/11 11:52 pm - Louisville, KY
Hello Everone!!!

I got my 2nd fill on Monday. I had only 1cc in my 10cc band and the dr. put 1cc in on Monday. I was to be on liquids until Wedensday. Well later on Mon, my throat got really dry and i kept coughing. I could drink liquids ok, i guess. Tuesday morning I decided to have a protein shake (pre-made) and I could drink it. It got stuck in my throat and slowly went down. So i took another sip because I thought maybe i had a lil too much, same thing. Then I drank some water, just a sip, stuck and it didn't go down. I forgot the night before I tried to take my meds and they would go down, I though I was just swollen from the fill. But anyway when the water got stuck I called my dr. and he had me come in and took out .5cc. Now I have only 1.5cc now. I felt soo much better after the unfill. I had to wait until thursday to eat food. The cough went away and the dry mouth. I have lost 20lbs on the 1cc and so far 4lbs with the .5cc. But that was probably because I have been on liquids for 4 days. Im so glad I paid attention to my body. My dr. said it was unusal for a person to lose on 1cc and tha you should get 2cc on every fill for the 1st couple of fills. Well I totally disagree with that. I know someone the lost 100lbs with out any fills. She has 3cc now, but she has to loose 200lbs total. I think im just one of those ppl that can't tolerate big fills. Thats my opinion. Now as time goes on I might need bigger fills, but right now I think Im GOOD!!!  Im almost near my 50lbs mark and Im soo EXCITED!!!
Just wanted to let everyone know how I was getting along. I know I should probably put this on my blog, but before I knew it I was just typing away, LMBO!!!
Well the journey continues. NSV are going thru the ROOF with me. Hubby is doing AWESOME with his WL. He is down 80lbs and running around doing stuff like he is 25yrs old again. He will be 40yrs this year. So he is very HAPPY.
Thanks for listening...
The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time...   

looking4hope
on 8/19/11 12:11 am
I am glad you listened to your body. Congrats on almost hitting 50 and to your DH also.
Highest 317 6/1 start pre-op diet312 6/15 2 days before surgery303 6/22 5 days post-op296  6/28 11 days post-op  290 7/5 18 days post-op 288 8/19 10 weeks post-op 278 9/10 274 11/6 268 2/18 257 3/26 249 5/14 237

steelerfan1
on 8/19/11 2:44 am
Congrats on your success Vennie !! 

You and your hubby is doing awesome. It  must be so much easier with both of you doing this together :o)   Congrats to you both on your success and much more to come for you both !!

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

fullnest
on 8/19/11 6:54 am - OR
 I think that's great that you're both doing this together.  Makes it so much easier for you.  My husband is with me in helping, but, not-if that makes any sense.  I tested on my 3rd fill and it did not go well.  So I finally paid attention to only liquids for 48 hours, and will pay closer attention next time.  Some people just have different thresholds for fills and what they can do-thankfully you were able to yours fixed right away.  i couldn't imagine what you were going through-pretty scary when liquids get stuck.  Good luck on your journey!!!!
veenie73
on 8/19/11 9:01 am - Louisville, KY
Its easy sometime with us both on this journey. But we both can be very stubborn with each other too. He stays on me when I forget not to drink while eating and I feed him healthy food. The thing I love the most is the encouragment that we give each other. Its soo AWESOME!!! He is my other voice when I don't want to excercise and Im his when he wants to eat too many protein bars. lol!!  The first fill  I got the water got stuck on 2cc, that why I ended up with just 1cc. So I kinda knew what it was like. When that shake got stuck a lil, I knew I was too tight. I just wanted to be sure, thats when I sipped the water.
Good Luck on your journey...

LYNN

veenie73
on 8/19/11 8:54 am - Louisville, KY
Thanks Everyone!!!  

LYNN

debbie H.
on 8/19/11 10:07 am - AR
Congratulations are in order for both of you.  My husband supports me but has never eaten healthy.  Going on this journey with a partner sounds great to me.  It's great that you are so intuned with your body.  You made the best call for you.  Double congrats!

Most Active