WOULD YOU DO IT AGAIN?

mjones231
on 9/18/11 1:41 am, edited 9/18/11 1:59 am
This question is to all of the band patients.

If you had to do weight loss surgery all over again would you have chosen the band or gastric? Why or Why not?
(deactivated member)
on 9/18/11 1:59 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
I think somebody just did a post like this recently. If you look back a few pages you will be able to read more replies in that post.
mjones231
on 9/18/11 2:01 am
Thanks. Im usually not on this forum so I wouldn't have seen the past post...
(deactivated member)
on 9/18/11 2:06 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
I'll see if I can dig it up for ya.
(deactivated member)
on 9/18/11 2:26 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
MARIA F.
on 9/18/11 2:03 am - Athens, GA

Oh hell no! Worst mistake I could have made. I see my RNY, VSG, and DS friends being successful and having few if any complications. I see their lives change, and I see how happy they are with their WLS. All the things I had hoped for myself.

I had 16 fills in less than 15 months and no restriction. Therefore...........just like trying to lose weight before I wasted $15,000 on my CRAP-BAND! One of the bandsters posted a few months ago that the new Dr. she saw told her 20% of patients never get restriction. That would be kind of nice if they told us that BEFORE we wasted our time and money on their POS! :-(

FormerlyFluffy.com

crystal M.
on 9/18/11 2:07 am - Joliet, IL

I lost 152 lbs....I was 354 lbs now I'm 202 lbs.  I lost over 50 inches.  Went from a size 30 to a 16.  No medicine.  I can run a couple of miles.  I have my life back again....would I do it again????  Hell ya I would!!!!!

Before

After!!!!

Jean M.
on 9/18/11 3:24 am
Revision on 08/16/12
You look great, and I love your Hello Kitty tee shirt!

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

dvolumptious1
on 9/19/11 5:02 am
Oh my God! I am so glad to see someone who I feel ike is a definite role model for me and help to motivate me to get where I need to go. I got down to 165 the 1st year of my surgery from 282 the date of my surgery. I'm back up to 200 and i'm desperately trying to find and keep that motivation to get back down to what I feel is my true weight, which is around 180. Can you give me some pointers as to what you do to maintain or lose? Its not as easy to lose once you're not as heavy as we were in the beginning and it frustrates the heck out of me! I have to almost kill myself at the gym and follow the strictest diet in the world just to lose a lb only to gain it back with my 1st meal thats not "healthy".
BuckeyeGirl
on 9/18/11 3:21 am, edited 9/18/11 3:22 am - TN
If I could do it all again, I would skip the band and go right for the VSG. I wasted nearly 3 years with the band and in the end gained back anything I had initially lost with the band and spent too much time vomiting and in discomfort. The VSG is everything I thought the band would be and with far better results.

If I could do it all again, I would have taken the time to do more research and take the stats on the band seriously. I sort of went into it with rose colored glasses thinking that although many have complications, I would for some reason be one of the lucky few that the band worked for.

But I am very lucky in that I was able to revise successfully without any complications.

Best of luck to you,
Lindsey

Most Active