Psych Eval Weds.

shellbell4955
on 9/19/11 3:02 am - GA
My psych evaluation is Wed, so everyone pray they clear me b/c I have a very rocky mental history and on a lot of meds for bi-pola, PTSD, panic disorder and agorophobia. My Dr is said to be tough on psyc status so I think I have a 50/50 chance I should know something Friday they said just keep me in your thoughts and prayers.

Shelley Belley
Jordiesmama69
on 9/19/11 3:29 am - Roscoe, IL
Wishing you a smooth appointment!
debbie H.
on 9/19/11 4:11 am - AR

Shelley, I've always thought mental illnesses are so unfair.  It seems to make life such a constant uphill battle. My grandaughter played softball last year with a child already diagnosed bi-polar before the age of 10.  I think about her often, and the uphill battles she will face. So very best of luck to you! 

(deactivated member)
on 9/19/11 5:22 am
 The main thing they are determining is if you will be motivated to stick with the required diet & requirements post op.  For my doc, it was non-smoking, non-alcohol and non-soda.  So I believe having all those diagnoses is not nearly as important as how well you have coped and managed.  So good luck!
shellqueen
on 9/19/11 8:28 am - New Brighton, MN
The main thing would be honest. It doesn't look good if you fake it to good and then they catch on- no one likes being lied to. How well are your symptoms controlled? Has the PTSD and panic disorder resolved? Talk with the psychologist about how you cope with those diagnosis and what skills you've learned. Unfortuanely, they can flare up again in life....I have seen some research that with the bi-polar it is more difficult to do WLS especiallyl the band. When you're up you don't care and think you can do anything and eat anything and when you're down you don't eat and don't care. That would be something to discuss with the surgeon.

God Bless you! K
shellbell4955
on 9/19/11 11:55 pm - GA
Thank all of u so much for your support and concern Im very anxious about tommorow mabye I'll have a answer for ya'll Friday!!

Love All

Shelley Belley
vlp1968
on 9/20/11 9:34 pm
I also have bipolar. It was well managed at the time of my psyc. eval. She said she was not there to deny surgery, just to help the team get to know me. She did want to talk to my psychologist and psychiatrist. She warned me about addiction transfer. That's were you trade one addiction for another. I hope you get approved! Let us know how it goes.
Most Active