Need help on a second chance.....

Kirsty1314
on 9/26/11 3:39 am - Bayville, NY
Quick backstory on me.  I had my lap-band put on in July of 2008.  I had lost about 100lbs then had some issues with a fill and my band seemed to be too tight.  In November 2010, they took some fill out and all of a sudden I spent the holidays being able to eat almost anything.  They filled me back up, I ran a half marathon in February of this year but struggled with losing the pounds I put back on.  At the end of August I had some fill removed again so I could travel and go on a cruise (flying really bothered my band for up to a couple days).....now here we are and I have 20lbs that have been put back on since my lowest weight. 

Has anyone been in my shoes? Does anyone have words of advice? I guess I just want someone to smack me in the face and say "cut the **** out, you know what to do soooo stop!!" I need a reality check fast because I refuse to give up on my journey.......I've got more weight to lose and I'm determined to do it.....
Hermosa L
on 9/26/11 3:48 am
I HAVE I HAVE .. and it sucks!! Losing the weight you put back on has been the MOST difficult for me.. I won't sugar coat it .. the first 10 were easy then the last 10 I have bounced up and down and up and down and I was stuck.. but also to be honest I wasn't giving it my all 24.7

I had good weeks and bad weeks and I think the problems was because I let myself indulge in things I haven't before they were demons I had to fight now... Cheetos is that you? Are you calling my name? I never dared buy a bag and sit on the couch and devor them and when I did I found myself wanting or craving to do it again... Gosh I almost regret going that far the deep end. It wasn't like eating a few too many bites of mashed potato it was eating a bag of chips..

Because I just don't have the focus right now.. I have left it to Jenny Craigs hands to tell me what to eat and my focus has been the gym .. and it's been working down 6.8 pounds and I have another weigh in Wed. Sometimes we need a regimine and a scale something to be accountable to not just ourselves... WW is another great choice or maybe even a buddy... weight loss pal that can you two can encourage and support... sometimes we all try to do this alone and we need help! Even if it's just support ... go back to logging and tracking I used myfitness pal and start moving more... start to elimatinate things like sugary drinks etc and stick to simple protein veggies small carb types of meal to get back on track etc.

Good Luck
Susan K.
on 9/26/11 5:55 am - Beecher, IL
(((huggs)))

I REALLY feel 'ya at this time.

I just recently LOST restriction in my band  now about a week and a half ago, but didn't even realize it until about 5 days into the loss because SOME days I AM able to eat more than others, but I wasn't putting 2 and 2 together that it was very consistent and lasted for longer than normal.  if that makes any sense.

I only have (((huggs))) to offer you because I am pretty depressed about my issue as well.  I won't see a doctor until a week from tomorrow & I somehow HAVE to keep my mouth shut until then.

I guess my ONLY advice is what I am doing, I started BACK on weigh****chers points again...it's the only way I can keep track...You've done a great job !
You can do it !  Find something to help you, maybe plan each day & write it all down ...

Good luck !

01/08/09 52 lbs lost in one year post op.....[email protected]
Want to make extra $$$ ? Become a Gold Canyon Candle Demonstrator ! www.mygc.com/susan or email me !

jessielynn0521
on 9/26/11 6:32 am - Ronkonkoma, NY
you will do great you have lost so much already once you get your determination back and the proper fill the lbs will shead off    Good Luck

Jessica

cheyenne000
on 9/26/11 9:47 am
VSG on 03/25/16
Raising my hand, Iam right there with you. Had some problems with my band and had a total unfill for 4 months. Gained 20 pounds, Now slowly starting to refill my band just had my second fill I now have 3.5cc in. Hopefully I will have no problems and will continue to stay on track I have about 15 more I would like to lose. Hang in there start with solid protein to help you feel full and talk to your doc if you feel you need another fill

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16

dvolumptious1
on 9/27/11 5:05 am
OMG! I have the same exact problem. I gained a good 30 lbs. from my lowest weight from last Oct and it is killing me to get it off. It seems so easy to climb back up but so hard to lose it. I keep teeter tottering in the same numer range and I refuse to accept that its where I'm supposd to be at since I've been so close to my goal weight of 150 once I got down to 177 on my bandiversay. I was too tight the beginning of this year and it caused me to eat everything but what I should because all the bad foods went down so easy. So, I had 2 cc's removed and its like, I went from eating bad stuff to EVERYTHING! The red meats do me in and why  is a freaking frozen yogurt bar springing up on EVERY corner in my town! SMH...

I am so in your shoes. However, I'm going to do the weigh****chers program with my future mother-in-law and I've started to go harder than ever at the gym like I did back in the good ole 100 + lbs lost days! We can do this girl!! We have to!! We didn't go under anesthesia and a knife not to get what we set out to do! We know we have it in us so all we have to do is want it and remember that nothing feels better than wearing a smaller size and seeing that scale move!!!!! 

Left the band and rocking with RNY.
They say I have an eating disorder but I say, I have my eating in order.         

1queenbee3
on 9/27/11 11:33 am - Columbia, MD
You are not alone!!!!

I know what to do and even how to do it, but my motivation has diminished.  I'm not exercising the way I used to and I'm not eating clean the way I used to.  I don't have the motivation I had when I first had surgery and I don't know how to get it back.  I'm not consistent and I'm disappointed with my 20+ weight gain. 

The only thing getting me through this is my Faith; it is helping me stay positive and not give up completely.  It is also helping me to focus on the fact that I used to be so much larger than I am now and I'm so grateful for where I am (in spite of the weight gain).  I'm not going to give up!!!!  I'm too special for that, but it is still so hard. 

Don't give up...I know I'm not!!!  We just have to support one another and continue to share how we are feeling.  It helps me to know I'm not alone with this fight.  It is going to be so important for us to continue encouraging each other
(boy I needed this today).  I'm sure there is someone lurking on the board who will also benefit from this thread (I hope it encourages them too). 

Highest Weight--Surgery Weight--Current Weight--Goal
                                                    282                  231                170.3            135

Most Active