Working at it the old fasion way

shellbell4955
on 10/8/11 12:54 pm - GA
Friends I ask for your prayers Iwas denied my surgery for 3 years until I have a long stable psych stent so im trying to diet and its so hard im starving all the time just keep me in your thoughts and prayers

Thsnk You
Shelley Belley
BuckeyeGirl
on 10/8/11 11:46 pm - TN
Hi Shelly!

It is hard the old-fashioned way which is why most of us around here looked to WLS for help. I personally was not very successful with the old-fashioned way, so it is hard to really try to give advice in this arena, but I would say that the low carb thing has worked wonders for me along with my sleeve.

I am sure the removal of a good portion of my stomach helped with my cravings, but also I think the carb detox was a big help.

I also use myfitnesspal.com to track my food and it really helps to make sure I am eating mindfully and really aware of where my protein and calorie content is at for the day.

Try to set small, attainable goals and treat yourself with something non-food related when you accomplish them. And come back here and tell us about it! We all love to see a success story!

Best of luck,
Lindsey

Hislady
on 10/9/11 12:11 pm - Vancouver, WA
Aww I'm so sorry, but at least you are still working at it! Those 3 years will go by faster than you think. We're still here to support you or there is also a non-surgical weight loss forum here too you might want to get involved with. They will be even more understanding because they are doing the same thing you are. Either way keep up the hard work!
Most Active