Slippage no pain? Weird feeling just now?

Lori F.
on 10/17/11 6:46 am - Chula Vista, CA
I logged on to see if anyone knows if a slip can happen but not hurt. I see two other posts from just today that are asking about slips, but mine is a different question.

I was talking and I just felt something moving around the upper right part of my stomach- I don't think the band is near there. (The port is way over on my left). It did not hurt, but felt something rather like gas migrating but it's way up high- like diaphgram area. Now I feel something there and it is just starting to get uncomfortable, but still no pain.

Can a slip be painless and did anyone ever feel theirs? I'm calling the doc anyway, but since I am at work, I thought I'd check.

Thanks for your replies.
Pre-band highest weight: 244
Pre-band surgery weight: 233
Lowest: 199 ( for, like, a day)
CW:
260 (yes, with the band!) 
Current Fill: 5cc in 10cc band
BMI: 49
Nic M
on 10/17/11 7:46 am
Your stomach is under your left ribcage, so I don't think you'd feel it on the upper right part of your abdomen. Hmmm. That's a tricky one. Have you pulled or strained a muscle or anything like that recently?

Hope it's nothing. Good thing you're getting checked out, though.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

NanaB.
on 10/17/11 10:21 am
 Band slippages ARE PAINFUL and cause great discomfort accompanied by frequent vomiting or frothing at the mouth and reflux and the band should be fixed or removed if someone is experiencing those symptoms.

There are many warnings and symptoms prior to band slippage or prolapse, frequent vomiting is always a warning and to be prevented, if you are not experiencing any of those classic symptoms of band slippage you may want to check with your surgeon.

prek-3
on 10/19/11 11:26 am - Hollywood, FL
Hi Naomi,
I has a slip last year, NO PAIN!
I had one horrid wretching episode , and soon after began the Reflux. i had lots of Reflux episodes, did the Fill UnFill cycle and continued with Reflux.
 After each UNFILL I was ok for a little while, then reflux would resurface and would need more UNfill. Finally did  a fluro. and discovered the slip. I even continued to eat properly, no loss of restriction or NO other vomiting episodes. Just the one horrid one which I believe began the Fill Unfill cycle. 

I am 4 years out and continue to love my BAND!!!!
Prek3

Nov 10,2009 I reached GOALL BYE  BYE  130 POUNDS! It wasn't about the FOOD, it was about what was eating at YOU!  Time for a Head adjustment!    **July 2011 Plastic Surgery Lower Body Lift

Exercise    is not a LUXURY!

Exercise  is a  NECESSITY

Lori F.
on 10/18/11 4:42 am - Chula Vista, CA
Ooo- definitely not that. Still no pain, just a weird moving around feeling. Thanks for your reply.
Pre-band highest weight: 244
Pre-band surgery weight: 233
Lowest: 199 ( for, like, a day)
CW:
260 (yes, with the band!) 
Current Fill: 5cc in 10cc band
BMI: 49
Most Active