Been gone for 18 months but now I'm back!

OneSillyGirl
on 10/26/11 8:38 am - Frisco, TX
18 Months ago I had to have a complete unfill due to reflux.  I got a partial refill but couldn't afford to do more b/c my insurance at the time didn't cover it.  In January they started covering bariatric but then my reflux started to flare again and frankly I was so out of the groove and I confess that I was really enjoying eating whatever I wanted.  Lots of life changes during this time too.  We adopted a baby boy.  Anywho, about a month I got pneumonia and started on decongestants.  Miraculously, my reflux stopped.  It occured to me that it was drainage that was causing my reflux.  Easy enough to fix with a shot of Robitussin! 

SO, today I went and got my first fill in ages and boy does it feel good.  I gained about 35 pounds over the past 18 months but I have to say that my band did do something for me during that time.  13 of those pounds were gained during the first three weeks when I was completely unfilled.  I do feel like I'm starting over though.  I'm really going to have to jump back into my band habits again but I'm excited.  I refuse to buy any more fat jeans. I'm going to get back into my size 12s and know its possible (hopefully by Christmas!).

Thanks for letting me confess. Its good to know that this is always a safe place to come back too!
Brenda
Banded 2/2007, Hit Goal in 2/2008. Unfill and partial refill 4/2010. .25 Fill 10/2011.
Working on the 40lbs I gained while unfilled! Back to the drawing board!

debbie H.
on 10/26/11 9:28 am - AR
Glad to have you back, Bren. The more positive people we have on this forum, the better it is for everyone. I'm down to 16's but 10's/ 12's are my goal.  I hope to see it by late spring or early summer.  We can do it!

Most Active