previous weight

goals2behad
on 10/30/11 8:56 am
 I am rounding up my previous weight history for insurance. I can get  my history for every single year back to 2003 BUT in 2008 no weight. I went in Novemeber of 2007! Any suffestions? I am so frustrated. My insurance ins through BNSF railroad United Healthcare group 23000.
j_j_miller
on 10/30/11 11:57 am
     I dont know the answer. But when I first decided I wanted lap band I went to a info seminar, and after the session I asked what I needed to qualify for my insurance to pay. Besides my BMI being high enough, I also needed proof of being this BMI for so many years(cant remember but 3 or 5) as well as I needed proof of being on doctor supervised diet for six months within the last two years. Well I had neither so I gave up and never even tried. Then a year or so later I tried again and ended up gettting my insurance to cover without having proof of either. I didnt do any of the insurance stuff myself the office I went to did all that. I also have United Health Care but for Amtrak,(I am railroad as well :)
goals2behad
on 10/30/11 1:10 pm
 It is funny you post this because the girl at my Dr. office mentioned to me 5 years weight history. I printed my plan and can not see where it is required anywhere. I think I will get all the years I do have, weigh****chers info, etc ready and give her a copy of my benefits.  I am so bad about wanting to be in control of things...I need to just breath. All these decision have turned me into a crazy woman.lol. Thanks so much for the positive note!
Thundergrrrl
on 10/30/11 2:11 pm
I had united health care when I got my band and I worked with my primary care physician, bringing in old food journals and stuff I'd kept even when not technically on a "doctor supervised plan" because I saw her often enough for other issues and she knew I was always struggling to lose weight. UHC approved me within a week of the surgeon filing, by the way. Also, I might recommend just going back a year further if you can, just for good measure, but just send them everything you have. If you have 2003, 4, 5, 6, 7, and then 9, 10, 11, I can't believe they would deny you for a lack of weight proof from 2008! 

Goodluck!!

Highest Wt: 274 / LAP-Band Low: 180 / Sleeved at 233 / Goal: 160!

staceymc00
on 10/31/11 1:12 am - Slocomb, AL
My insurance allowed me to submit pictures of myself during the time I did not have recorded weights. This might be an option for you.

Most Active