Still dressing in bigger clothes.Cant dress myself!!

L B.
on 11/4/11 11:25 am
I was a size 24 and now im about a 16 - 18 jeans, and 1 x to xl tops, I feel weird in a smaller size and find myself STILL shopping for a bigger size. I  cant believe the things I can fit into.. it just dont look like I can wear them as I hold them up to my body. How do I get over this?  Does anybody else do this?  I mean if I was to have a problem  and this was as bad as it got I can live with it but its so time consuming and I just dont feel comfortable unless its hanging on me, and I know I must lok like a bag lady in some of my stuff. Am I weird?????
~Lilly                
Terri C.
on 11/4/11 11:53 am - McDonough, GA
No, you're not weird!  LOL  I am the same way.  I have also gone from a tight size 24 into now an 18/20 depending on cut.  I am nearly 2 years out, and I still don't feel comfortable wearing form fitting outfits.  I spent most of my adult life trying to hide my too-big figure, so it's going to take awhile to adjust to my new shape.  You're perfectly normal! 

Terri   

Hislady
on 11/4/11 12:33 pm - Vancouver, WA
I think it's pretty normal altho I haven't lost enough to have the problem. It often takes the brain longer to catch up with the body, just go slow and take time to really look at your body and how much better it looks. Your clothes are going to look much better too. Now if it goes on for longer than a few months you might want to talk to a counselor about it just to help you work thru it. You are working hard to get lean and healthy so you also deserve to enjoy and appreciate that change!
looking4hope
on 11/5/11 12:25 am
It will take some time for the mind to catch up with the body but in for now when you get ready to go shopping tell yourself I am a size 16. I look good in a 16. I am beautiful!
Highest 317 6/1 start pre-op diet312 6/15 2 days before surgery303 6/22 5 days post-op296  6/28 11 days post-op  290 7/5 18 days post-op 288 8/19 10 weeks post-op 278 9/10 274 11/6 268 2/18 257 3/26 249 5/14 237

Life is a Beach
on 11/5/11 7:42 am
I feel exactly the same way. There is some comfort factor in larger clothes. Odd, I know. I find it difficult to like the way the smaller sizes feel or something.
 "I may not be moving fast or gracefully, but at least I'm moving!"            
L B.
on 11/12/11 5:16 am
Im so glad its not just me! At first I thought I was just in between sizes, which is still the case sometimes.. but im not comfortable wih snug clothes on.. this really takes some getting used to!
Most Active