Thrive Freeze Dried Food

jennilamb007
on 11/10/11 7:32 am - MO
Has anyone here ever heard of Thrive freeze dried food. I went to a gun show (my daughter took me) and the one booth that held my interest was this vendor who had this very nutritious freeze dried food that you are to store and use in the event of an emergency, or use now if you wish. I have to say, the samples were delicious, especially the corn. I was stunned. No, I don't sell it or have any affiliation with it, but I wondered if it wouldn't be a good thing to have for food post lap band. The food upon contact with water (or your mouth) releases the flavor and it is very easy to get a consistency that is lap band friendly because it disolves nearly. They had all kinds of veg and fruits and even meat. Some were a bit skittish by the meat, but the chicken was fabulous. I am thinking of ordering it and trying it when I am able to go off of full liquids. What do you think? 

Jen
Hislady
on 11/10/11 12:51 pm - Vancouver, WA
I haven't heard of it but my personal opinion is why buy a special food when what we need can be bought at any local grocery, even organic if a person wants that. I'm sure it must be more expensive than regular groceries, but in the end it's up to you if you want to give it a try. Let us know if you do try it and how it works out for you.
jennilamb007
on 11/10/11 1:07 pm - MO
I agree that the best food you can buy is at the grocery store, or grow your own. This is truly designed to be stored long term. It has a shelf life of 25 years unopened. I have tried it and it is really good. I was thinking that because it is freeze dried it has a crunch to it and I have crunch cravings. So, I figured better to crunch corn and brocolli as opposed to chips or something. Plus it disolves well and I won't have to worry about clogging up the stoma. It is more for on the go since I am a nurse and literally have to eat on the run sometimes. It is fairly expensive. A big huge canister that has like 40 servings is $15. I will buy some and see how it goes. The samples were delicious, even the chicken which surprised me.

Jen
Kate -True Brit
on 11/10/11 6:02 pm, edited 11/10/11 6:03 pm - UK
 I'm like Hislady on this. I prefer fresh cruchy veggies to freeze dried ones!  But whatever works for you!

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

jennilamb007
on 11/11/11 6:54 am - MO
I prefer them too, but this was just something that I discovered, thought was very cool (I am a scientist and techo geek), and would travel well. I have to work 12 hour days so it is nice to have something nutritious that I can throw in a bag and not worry about it going bad or sweating in a ziplock baggie. I was just throwing it out there in case anyone was interested.

Thanks,
Jen
Most Active