Anyone have any experience with HCG?

OneSillyGirl
on 11/10/11 9:25 am - Frisco, TX
I haven't bought it or anything.  Two friends of mine had good experience so I was just wondering if anyone else had any feedback.
Brenda
Banded 2/2007, Hit Goal in 2/2008. Unfill and partial refill 4/2010. .25 Fill 10/2011.
Working on the 40lbs I gained while unfilled! Back to the drawing board!

(deactivated member)
on 11/10/11 12:10 pm
 All I know is that it's a scam that's been around for a long time. It seems to get revived every so many years.

The diet alone that you have to follow will make you lose weight. you don't need the usless injections too, all they will do for you is make your wallet lighter.

Google HCG Scams and you will come up with pages of it.

Hislady
on 11/10/11 12:47 pm - Vancouver, WA
I haven't used it but thoroughly agree with Inge that it is nothing but a scam desighed to lighten your wallet. You have to do a 500 calorie a day diet with it so of course you lose weight but as soon as you go to normal eating the weight all comes back! You'd do better to just use the money to hire a trainer or better yet just spend it on some nice new clothes!
jennilamb007
on 11/10/11 1:11 pm - MO
I used HCG and yes the diet alone would cause you to lose weight, but with the injections I was never hungry. That was just me. I will say this, for long term it just doesn't work. Eventually you grow tired of injecting yourself constantly, it is expensive and you want to eat better than what you are allowed on the diet. It was very restrictive and not at all for the long-term. I wouldn't recommend it.

Jen
Kate -True Brit
on 11/10/11 6:00 pm - UK

As others say! A scam! There are lots  of old threads on here and the main biard about it

And for me, I didn't get banded to go back on the crazy fad diets I used to follow!

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

lowrider1
on 11/12/11 11:59 am
Congratulations, you look great.....
I was banded almost 3 years ago and am just starting to experience some heart burn and am scared that i have damaged my band.......yikes
have you ever had anything like that...??
Kate -True Brit
on 11/12/11 4:18 pm - UK

Lowrider, thanks! 

At about 4 years out, I started getting mild night time heartburn. I didn't like that! I also felt I was just a tiny bit tighter than I had been despite no fills or over two years. I asked my doc to take  out a tiny amount, 0.1cc. Fine after that. . He said he has had several long term patients with the same thing, can't explain it but a tiny unfill usually sorts it. That was January 2010. 

I also started getting it about three months  ago. Started to worry and then realised I had upped my caffine intake, was eating later at night, was eating lots of curry!

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

lowrider1
on 11/12/11 10:05 pm
Thank You Kate !!!  I am drinking quite a bit of coffee/tea also, so maybe thats the issue.....
I always hear about stories that are scary with band slips, band failure, etc and I get a little worried..... 
thanks for your reply !!!!  keep up the good work...  you've done a great job.....
OneSillyGirl
on 11/10/11 11:01 pm - Frisco, TX
Thanks for the feedback. I'm just kind of stuck right now and thought that might be a change that would bump me off the plateau. Too soon to get another fill.

Brenda
Banded 2/2007, Hit Goal in 2/2008. Unfill and partial refill 4/2010. .25 Fill 10/2011.
Working on the 40lbs I gained while unfilled! Back to the drawing board!

Crystal B.
on 11/11/11 10:27 am - Bradley, WV
My husband did this program, even though I voiced my concerns I supported him in his decision to help him be successful.  Result was it made him sick as its very very unhealthy and he lost hope as not only did he feel like a failure because he couldn't complete the program he gained double the weight back.

Please ask your regular physician before pursuing this as he/she would be most qualified to discuss the malnutrition/health risks associated with the actual program of the diet.  I hope I am not coming across to strong, I just know how it affected my husband and I feel fustrated because of how it hurt him physically and emotionally.

Most Active