Am I being unrealistic or a goody two shoes?

sesmith
on 11/24/11 7:48 am
 so how did it go?
Donnamarie
on 11/24/11 9:34 am, edited 11/23/11 9:40 pm - NY

Well, I worked from 8 to 4:30 so when I go to Thanksgiving dinner at our friends house they had already eaten. All the food was put away and they were JUST putting out the pies and cheesecakes and stuff. My SO had put a plate in the oven for me, a "little bit of everything" as he said. The plate was full, FAR more full then I have had it in the last 8 months. So I ate 1/2 the turkey, 2 cubes of sweet potato and about a tablespoon of stuffing. I didn't touch the mashed potatoes and the baked apple looking thing. All the green vegetables were gone, poor me. And the gravy was gone. LOL some of my decisions were already made for me!

The nice part was that they ate dessert while I was eating my dinner so that wasn't a temptation to me! I did have a spoon of my SO's pumpkin cheesecake.

The interesting thing was that I filled up really quickly. The little burp came, the deep sigh, and stick a fork in me, I was done!

I guess in the end I really couldn't eat that much at all, so it didn't become an issue.

Thanks for asking!!!

"Accountability first to yourself, then nobody else matters"

debbie H.
on 11/24/11 11:04 am - AR
Glad it went so well for you!  I do understand too.  It's 10 months for me and I just keep waiting for this NOT to work any more like so very many diets, pills, etc. in my past.  But I found out when I traveled recently, broke all the rules, and gained 4 lbs, that when I came back, worked out again, and went back to bandster eating that it came off rather quickly, AND it wasn't hard. Though I won't have a loss this month.  So far, though I try to be realistic about the potential for problems, I love my band.

NanaB.
on 11/25/11 7:52 pm
 I have always ate exactly what I wanted with my band, my first year, I was a little bit more restrictive on sweets, but I ate them. But again, I exercised almost EVERY DAY, so that allowed me to still eat what I wanted and my band kept my overall meals very small and I got full quickly so it was never like I was on a diet. I never deprived myself on Thanksgiving, Christmas, or any holiday, I ate pecan pie, Red Velvet, Chocolate Cake, Cheese Cake, etc, and I still lost weight, but Monday thru Fridays and MOST of the time, I ate, lean proteins and green veggies, I was never a junk food eater like burger and fries.....but I ate good healthy food and my favorite occasional sweets and still lost weight.

Are you overall Happy with your Band and want a postive environment to stay on track? Join us and become a member of our Happy Lap Band Group Keep it bookmarked! http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Happy_Successful_Banders/ 

Most Active